Re: July/August Errorscope is out

  • Rich Schemmer
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 23, 2007
      There is a record of the 1st strikes at the West Point depository of
      all the Silver-Gold-Plat coins, both Proof & Business strikes. Have
      photographed all these and these are NOT released to the public. They
      are kept on file & eventually destroyed.
      What you see on TV is a marketing scheme of coins purchased from the
      Mint and they may be early strikes. BUT Not 1st strikes.

      Thanx
      Rich Schemmer
      Rich Schemmer Error Coins
      http://WWW.RichErrors.com/store.php

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "BJ Neff"
      <innff@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone ever thought that the "first strike" program may have
      been
      > masterminded by "QVC"? Maybe just a silly idea on my part, but it
      > would be laughable if it was remotely true.
      >
      > BJ Neff
      >
      > --- In
      > errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Diamond"
      > <mdia1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The misbegotten "First Strike" program was especially galling, as
      > it
      > > was an attempt to redefine established nomenclature in order to
      > pull
      > > a fast one. It's no different than that eBay seller who
      > defined "BU"
      > > as meaning "Been Used".
      > >
      > > But some of your other points are valid as well. It undercuts
      the
      > > capitalist argument that superior service always triumphs and
      that
      > > substandard performance will eventually be replaced by superior
      > > performance.
      > >
      > > There are lots of crappy products and services in the marketplace
      > > (airlines, anyone?) that will persist because there are no
      > > alternatives or because people have been somehow convinced that
      > they
      > > are getting good value for their dollars despite ample evidence
      > > the contrary.
      > >
      > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, portpere
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Mike,
      > > > The connection/result is that thay are so gun-shy about what
      they
      > > put
      > > > on a slab, that they would rather not attribute unless they can
      > > blame
      > > > it on someone else. I also believe that they sometimes
      undergrade
      > > or
      > > > no grade a coin to keep their liability down, because the lower
      > > grade
      > > > means lower value. Notice that they label "struck thrus" in
      > general
      > > > where it may be obvious what object the coin was struck thru.
      > > > In their attempt to be insulated from lawsuits, their services
      > have
      > > > suffered. I don't even want to go into a high value error I
      sent
      > in
      > > > only to have it returned as "questionable toning" when it came
      > > > directly from the Mint. What a racket they have, when they can
      > just
      > > > check a box, do nothing and keep your money.
> [...]
      They're