Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: What the heck is going on at NGC?!?!?

  • Brian Vaile
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 20, 2007
      They compensated me by applying credit to another order I had with them.  We had hashed it out over a few phone calls.   I felt the end result was fair and they  did eventually get everything worked out.  But now that you mention it,....I will re-visit my credit-card records to make double-sure that everything went through as expected.  It won't be hard,...I only use that credit card for submissions,....But I also had quite a few submissions going at that time.
      Thanks for the kick-in-the-pants...I'll go check it out!
      Brian

      Mike Diamond <mdia1@...> wrote:
      Did NGC reimburse you for the cost of shipping and insuring your
      coins in both directions? That's the least they should do when an
      obvious mistake is made. What they really should do is refund the
      submission fee for all the time and effort expended in seeking a
      correction for the mistake.

      --- In errorcoininformatio nexchange@ yahoogroups. com, Brian Vaile
      <gandyjai@.. .> wrote:

      > Call customer service and ask for Scott Heller, he fixed a batch
      of OBVIOUS Ike errors that somehow the graders really missed...(It' s
      pretty hard to miss a 35-40% rotated dies on a Proof AND a business
      strike Ike Dollar!)

      > The graders totally missed about (5) obvious errors in this error
      batch and Scott got them to "fix" every one of them.
      > They are now posted in my Ike Error/Variety set, which is the most
      visited Mint Error set in the NGC Signature Set Registry.

      > NGC does a great job,....but makes mistakes like every one else
      along the way. I like the way that they have always made sure to FIX
      those mistakes and I will continue to send them my Ike errors.

      > Happy Hunting!
      > Brian (Gandyjai)

      Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!