ROTATED TRIPLE STRIKE?...NOT!

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2007
      I came upon this so called rotated triple strike, strangely similar to
      the famous rotated '64 multistrikes that were recently mentioned here:

      http://tinyurl.com/2uznsp

      On the 40 year anniversary of those '64's, I'd still like to know how
      they fake this. The earlier strike of LIBERTY seems to be equally
      struck on the low and high points of relief (coat and field), and part
      of a strike extends to the rim above IGWT where the subsequent strike
      did not obliterate it as it should have.

      No reverse photos are offered. (I requested one from the seller).

      I'm sorry that this 'BIDDER'S IDENTITY PROTECTED' auction is already
      at $46, and I'm sure some newbie will get a major rip-off. Too bad.