Re: 1964 nickel with split collar

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2007
      I don't recall having seen a split collar this clear, this
      unambiguous, and this large before, so I find it interesting. I
      really should go back through my collection of collar cuds to see if
      any could be cryptic split collars. Perhaps some of those I've been
      categorizing as retained collar cuds could instead fall into this
      category.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Al C."

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2007
        I did manage to find in my collection a modest example of a bilateral
        split collar in a 1967 dime. I had mistakenly diagnosed it as a
        retained collar cud. I'd still like to obtain a whopper like this 1964
        nickel. If anybody has one and would be willing to part with it, I'd
        be happy to buy or trade for it.

        I'll be writing an article on collar cuds later this year, now that my
        thinking is clearer concerning these errors.