Another eBay special

  • alscoins
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3 11:19 AM
      http://tinyurl.com/2t5b9e

      There is a good possibility that the seller did find the coin in a
      roll. Many of the boxes previously searched have been rerolled &
      reboxed. This brings up a question: If a roll with this type of damage
      were submitted to a grading service, would they slab it as "First Day
      of Issue" damaged at the Mint???

      Allan
      http://www.alscoins.com
    • portpere
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3 2:12 PM
        Hard to believe this is a mint error with the wavy surface. How could a
        coin wrapping machine miss that one? Wouldn't that coin get jammed in
        the machine or even the entire roll be sent for re-roll due to excess
        width caused by that additional horizontal space? High final price for
        a coin that looks like it got run over by a lawnmower. Of course, a
        feedback score of 10 doesn't give me a lot of confidence.
        John

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, alscoins