[Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: One of my favorite eBay coins now being li

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 2, 2007
      The lower SBA proof looks frosted, while the other seems deep cameo
      with mirror surfaces. I suppose they can all tone differntly over time.

      I'm not so much of a nut when it comes to proof designations, but
      thats what it looks like to me.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, portpere
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Jeff, I was worried I might have to safe deposit the coin.
      > Anyway, I took a photo of the slabbed one next to an unopened 1979
      > proof set and wiil post it in the default album. No color correction
      > taken in daylight. Check it out,
      > John
    • portpere
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 3, 2007
        Jeff,
        You are 100% correct in your assessment. I have added another photo
        to the default album to show the similarity with the Sacagawea. Did
        not have a slabbed Saca Proof, so this SMS coin will have to do for
        now. It is impressive to see the two together and I would think that
        an unscrupulous seller might hook a few fish with something like
        this. Now I want to add a nice frosty slabbed SBA Proof and a slabbed
        Saca proof as a comparison set. Any bluish toned SBA's still out
        there?
        John
        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff"