[Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: One of my favorite eBay coins now being listed

  • portpere
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 2, 2007
      By the way, maybe I should list on eBay starting at $10K. It is
      slabbed by NGC...lol.
      John
      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, jeff ylitalo

      ______________
      > Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives
      you all the tools to get online.

    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 2, 2007
        The lower SBA proof looks frosted, while the other seems deep cameo
        with mirror surfaces. I suppose they can all tone differntly over time.

        I'm not so much of a nut when it comes to proof designations, but
        thats what it looks like to me.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, portpere
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Jeff, I was worried I might have to safe deposit the coin.
        > Anyway, I took a photo of the slabbed one next to an unopened 1979
        > proof set and wiil post it in the default album. No color correction
        > taken in daylight. Check it out,
        > John
      • portpere
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 3, 2007
          Jeff,
          You are 100% correct in your assessment. I have added another photo
          to the default album to show the similarity with the Sacagawea. Did
          not have a slabbed Saca Proof, so this SMS coin will have to do for
          now. It is impressive to see the two together and I would think that
          an unscrupulous seller might hook a few fish with something like
          this. Now I want to add a nice frosty slabbed SBA Proof and a slabbed
          Saca proof as a comparison set. Any bluish toned SBA's still out
          there?