Re: One of my favorite eBay coins now being listed

  • alscoins
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 1 11:33 AM
      Rich,

      The person's feedback is over 6 months old. I also tried comparing
      his coin to the one in the Heritage auction.

      Allan
      http://www.alscoins.com

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Schemmer"
      <RichErrors@...> wrote:

      > For 25k and the seller has only 34 feedbacks... I sure would feel
      > better if this coin was certified by NGC / PCGS ( and only 10-12k)
      >
      > Thanx
      > Rich Schemmer
      > Rich Schemmer Error Coins
      > http://WWW.RichErrors.com/store.php
      >
      > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, alscoins
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > http://tinyurl.com/275z7v
      > >
      > > I really am not sure what this person is selling as he pictured
      > 1999
      > > $1 obverse SBA an the reverse of an Ike dollar. He is calling
      this a
      > > transitional. He mentioned that a similar coin sold for $25,000
      an is
      > > mentioned in http://www.minterrornews.com But, I cannot find it.
      > >
      > > Allan
      > > http://www.alscoins.com

    • portpere
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 2 4:12 PM
        As usual, you guys get a discussion going and I have to go and dig
        out that type and see what I've got. I have a 1981 S Type 1 SBA
        Dollar, slabbed by NGC PF68UCAM that is the same exact color as a
        Sacagawea Proof. Am I nuts, or is this normal. The Saca's did not
        come out until 2000, and why would NGC slab it if it was something
        abnormal. Sorry if I am wasting your time with info I should know,
        but it really got me going.
        John
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Rich,
        >
        > The person's feedback is over 6 months old. I also tried comparing
        > his coin to the one in the Heritage auction.
        >
        > Allan
        > http://www.alscoins.com
        >
        > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich
        Schemmer"
        > <RichErrors@> wrote:
        > >
        > > For 25k and the seller has only 34 feedbacks... I sure would feel
        > > better if this coin was certified by NGC / PCGS ( and only 10-12k)
        > >
        > > Thanx
        > > Rich Schemmer
        > > Rich Schemmer Error Coins
        > > http://WWW.RichErrors.com/store.php
        > >
        > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, alscoins
        > > <no_reply@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > http://tinyurl.com/275z7v
        > > >
        > > > I really am not sure what this person is selling as he pictured
        > > 1999
        > > > $1 obverse SBA an the reverse of an Ike dollar. He is calling
        > this a
        > > > transitional. He mentioned that a similar coin sold for $25,000
        > an is
        > > > mentioned in http://www.minterrornews.com But, I cannot find
        it.

        > > > Allan
        > > > http://www.alscoins.com

      • jeff ylitalo
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 2 4:47 PM
          Hey John,

          I've collected and studied SBA dollars for awhile. Several sealed mint bags I
          went thru from 79 and 80 D,P and S mints yielded toned coins. Some were eerily
          the same tone/color as a Sac dollar. Some of them toned a dark blue, or
          sometimes rose shaded colors. All were clad. I turned most of them back into
          the bank several years ago, except for errors type coins.

          Jeff

          --- portpere <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          > As usual, you guys get a discussion going and I have to go and dig
          > out that type and see what I've got. I have a 1981 S Type 1 SBA
          > Dollar, slabbed by NGC PF68UCAM that is the same exact color as a
          > Sacagawea Proof. Am I nuts, or is this normal. The Saca's did not
          > come out until 2000, and why would NGC slab it if it was something
          > abnormal. Sorry if I am wasting your time with info I should know,
          > but it really got me going.
          > John
          > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, alscoins
          > <no_reply@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Rich,
          > >
          > > The person's feedback is over 6 months old. I also tried comparing
          > > his coin to the one in the Heritage auction.
          > >
          > > Allan
          > > http://www.alscoins.com
          > >
          > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich
          > Schemmer"
          > > <RichErrors@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > For 25k and the seller has only 34 feedbacks... I sure would feel
          > > > better if this coin was certified by NGC / PCGS ( and only 10-12k)
          > > >
          > > > Thanx
          > > > Rich Schemmer
          > > > Rich Schemmer Error Coins
          > > > http://WWW.RichErrors.com/store.php
          > > >
          > > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, alscoins

          > > > 1999
          > > this a
          > > an is
          > it.

        • portpere
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 2 4:59 PM
            Thanks Jeff, I was worried I might have to safe deposit the coin.
            Anyway, I took a photo of the slabbed one next to an unopened 1979
            proof set and wiil post it in the default album. No color correction
            taken in daylight. Check it out,
            John
            --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, jeff ylitalo

            ______________
            > Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives
            you all the tools to get online.

          • portpere
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 2 5:04 PM
              By the way, maybe I should list on eBay starting at $10K. It is
              slabbed by NGC...lol.

              ______________
              > Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives
              you all the tools to get online.

            • Jeff
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 2 5:30 PM
                The lower SBA proof looks frosted, while the other seems deep cameo
                with mirror surfaces. I suppose they can all tone differntly over time.

                I'm not so much of a nut when it comes to proof designations, but
                thats what it looks like to me.

                --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, portpere
                <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > Thanks Jeff, I was worried I might have to safe deposit the coin.
                > Anyway, I took a photo of the slabbed one next to an unopened 1979
                > proof set and wiil post it in the default album. No color correction
                > taken in daylight. Check it out,
                > John
              • portpere
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 3 8:49 AM
                  Jeff,
                  You are 100% correct in your assessment. I have added another photo
                  to the default album to show the similarity with the Sacagawea. Did
                  not have a slabbed Saca Proof, so this SMS coin will have to do for
                  now. It is impressive to see the two together and I would think that
                  an unscrupulous seller might hook a few fish with something like
                  this. Now I want to add a nice frosty slabbed SBA Proof and a slabbed
                  Saca proof as a comparison set. Any bluish toned SBA's still out
                  there?