Dime on quarter stock -- rare date

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 30, 2007
      I haven't seen this date (1966) for this particular error:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=190134678631

      It didn't sell for much.
    • Error Coins
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
        This is a case, I think, where the description cost the seller a hundred bucks
        or so and this is a seller that usually gets max $$.

        The recent sales from Jim's coins of thick and thin planchets seemed to do very
        poorly. "Thick" is just not as cool as "Quarter Stock"

        Later.....
        Steve

        Error Type Collection:
        http://www.five0central.com/ErrorCollection/Five0ErrorTypeSet.htm

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
          Mike,

          I really enjoyed your article on catastrophic die failures in the current
          Errorscope.

          I've been fascinated with them since I got my 1st Broas token a LONG time ago -
          I assumed that had to be the last coin struck as it couldn't possibly do any
          more! I wonder what the population actually is?

          Their kssin kin - split dies and major cuds are very under-appreciated from my
          perspective.

          Again - nice article.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
            I've noticed that the value of wrong stock and rolled thick/thin
            errors has tanked. I don't even bother putting any up for sale
            anymore.

            --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Error Coins"

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 31, 2007
              Thanks. It was fun to write. I wonder who owns that crazy quarter.

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 2, 2007
                <errorcoins@...> wrote:

                > Mike,
                >
                > I really enjoyed your article on catastrophic die failures in the
                current
                > Errorscope.

                They're even more spectacular in color:

                http://hermes.csd.net/~coneca/content/ESOS070715Vol1No1.pdf
              • mrlindy2000
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
                  Color Pictures in the online errorscope is fantastic feature!

                  I've collected color related errors for years even though most
                  publications present errors in black and white. In spite of this B&W
                  picture bias, wrong color errors (like off metals) still appealed to
                  me. Infact even more so.

                  Very Educational.

                  Will these online colorfilled issues stay on line forever?

                  Lindy

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 4, 2007
                    Our eventual goal is to have all Errorscopes online and in color.
                    Available to members who'll select a user I.D. and password.
                    Everything is slow when you depend on volunteer labor, so I'm not
                    sure when this will be accomplished.

                    I agree that some errors benefit immensely when they're shown in
                    color.