Bicentennial beauty

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
    • Jon P. Sullivan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
        I wish I had seen it- it wouldn't have sold for that price if i had.

        Jon

        Sullivan Numismatics
        Your Source for Quality Errors & Varieties
        www.sullivannumismatics.com

      • Jerry Jaske
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
          Very nice-it looks like a partial collar on the second strike.  I suppose it's really hard to get a struck coin back into the collar, particularly with a reeded edge.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
            From here it looks like it went all the way back in the collar for the
            second strike.

            While in-collar double-strikes frequently feature a partial collar on
            the second strike, it's not inevitable. In nickels, the majority of in-
            collar double-strikes I've seen were fully within the collar on both
            strikes. I recently purchased an in-collar double-struck 1997 cent
            with extensive rotation between strikes that was fully within the
            collar on the second strike.

            --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Jaske