Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: Does Lightning Strike Twice? (Adams Errors)

  • Al C.
    Message 1 of 13 , May 21, 2007
      Because some people are label collectors.:)

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140119470977

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 13 , May 21, 2007
        Wow, Susan. That's quite a hard-hitting expose.

        So the sealed boxes don't have any date on them? Or the "First Day
        of Issue" designation ignores them?

        It's bad enough that millions of coins are struck well in advance of
        the day of release, making the designation rather pointless. But now
        you're talking about coins potentially struck after the day of
        release?!

        I've ripped on slabbed errors on numerous occasions over the last six
        years, but this was largely on the basis of description, diagnosis,
        and grade.

        <galaxiana@...> wrote:

        > Allan,
        >
        > I have a write-up on my Web site that explains what "First Day of
        Issue" means, as well as explores some of PCGS's other hobby-killing
        practices.

        > http://coins.about.com/b/a/000112.htm
        >
        > The bottom line on "First Day of Issue" is that you could send the
        coins in 10 years from now, and still get the FDI designation!

        > Why does our hobby let PCGS get away with these dishonest
        designations like "First Strikes" and "First Day of Issue?"

        > Susan

        > Susan Headley
        > About.com Guide to Coins
        > http://coins.about.com
        > www.About.com
        > About.com is part of The New York Times Company
      • alscoins
        Message 3 of 13 , May 21, 2007
          Shouldn't the tag read "First Day of Release" as opposed to "First
          Day of Issue"? Or, is this a space problem for the tag. It would
          require two extra letters.

          Wait........weren't all the coins released on the same day?

          Allan
          http://www.alscoins.com