Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Re:Would appreciate info for what this is called

  • Deborah Hock
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2007
      Thank you so much for your time and sharing your wisdom.
      Deb.

      mdia1@... wrote:
      It's a form of die deterioration that occurs mainly on zinc cents.  It's quite common.

      In a message dated 5/7/2007 1:36:22 PM Central Daylight Time, dbrhhock@yahoo. com writes:
      Hi. I just put a picture of a Lincoln cent in the default album
      entitled What is this called.
      I have searched for description, but have come up blank.
      I do remember reading somewhere about the 'rays' on a Lincoln edge,
      but can't seem to find the info now.
      Also is a 1982 with similiar, yet different lettering issues that I am
      wondering what the proper term for would be.
      Can anyone please help me with this?
      Thanks in advance if you can help.
      Deb.

      See what's free at AOL.com.