Re:Would appreciate info for what this is called

  • mdia1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2007
      It's a form of die deterioration that occurs mainly on zinc cents.  It's quite common.

      In a message dated 5/7/2007 1:36:22 PM Central Daylight Time, dbrhhock@... writes:
      Hi. I just put a picture of a Lincoln cent in the default album
      entitled What is this called.
      I have searched for description, but have come up blank.
      I do remember reading somewhere about the 'rays' on a Lincoln edge,
      but can't seem to find the info now.
      Also is a 1982 with similiar, yet different lettering issues that I am
      wondering what the proper term for would be.
      Can anyone please help me with this?
      Thanks in advance if you can help.
      Deb.

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • Deborah Hock
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2007
        Thank you so much for your time and sharing your wisdom.
        Deb.

        In a message dated 5/7/2007 1:36:22 PM Central Daylight Time, dbrhhock@yahoo. com writes:
        Hi. I just put a picture of a Lincoln cent in the default album
        entitled What is this called.
        I have searched for description, but have come up blank.
        I do remember reading somewhere about the 'rays' on a Lincoln edge,
        but can't seem to find the info now.
        Also is a 1982 with similiar, yet different lettering issues that I am
        wondering what the proper term for would be.
        Can anyone please help me with this?
        Thanks in advance if you can help.
        Deb.

        See what's free at AOL.com.