Perhaps not so intractable

  • dermestid
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2002
      I have two recent, full, later-stage counterbrockages on broadstruck
      cents. As you would expect, Lincoln's head is cut off at the top and
      only the last few letters of LIBERTY are present on the obverse.

      However, I also have two full counterbrockages in which LIBERTY is
      complete. Interestingly, that's all you can see of the design.
      Where Lincoln's bust should be, there is only a featureless surface.

      I can't say all broadstruck counterbrockages with a full LIBERTY will
      look like this, but the look is certainly different from a reverse
      cap.

      I do have a dime with an 80% counterbrockage on the obverse which
      shows all of LIBERTY and next to it, a very clear face of Roosevelt.
      This one was struck in-collar, however.