Mike Greer's prices

  • mikegreer98125
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2002
      Hey,

      How about a 1918-s clipped cent for $1. I have it! I am here to tell
      you.......if you go to shows, there are a lot of good preices to be
      found. Even at local coin dealers, you can find severely UNDERPRICED
      COINS.

      I sent out 500 letters to dealers in the Grey sheet coin dealer
      directory, inquiring about errors.

      You know what I received?

      200 returned envelopes

      75 e-ails, saying they didnt have anyting

      100 letters stating that they didnt have anything.

      100 e-mails and letters saying that they have something, but the
      coins they offered were over priced.

      The other 25 letters came back with stuff liek this:::::

      Hi Mike,

      You are sincere to write to me, my husband passed away about a year
      ago. I have looked, and found 2 offcenter indian cents. The grade on
      them is au+, I will sell both to you for $50.

      Heres another:

      Dear Mike,

      I will sell al that I have to you at $135. I am retiring in 3 months.
      The best piece is a 1964 offenter half in bu, but with the group you
      will get dozens more pieces. YOU HAVE TO be happy, or your money back.

      Heres another:

      Mike,

      I have 2 offenter quarters, au, $20 for both. Also, I have a nicer
      piece. Its an 1881-s dollar , about 30% offcenter. Its not cleaned!
      Its Original! Probably xf. I want $400 for all these pieces plus $7
      for shipping. I hope the price is ok.

      Heres me walking into a COIN shop!:

      Ok, I see $1000 in AWESOME errors. I ask "what do you want?" he says
      take all for $125. The guy walks out to have a cigarette. I go to the
      other guy , and tell him what I want, he say OK, "tell you what, I
      will knock off another $25 for buying so much"

      My prices reflect what I buy my coins for, this is ALWAYS the case.

      Michael Greer
      www.emeraldcitycoin.com