cent struck on unplated foreign zinc planchet

  • dermestid
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2002
      I've posted in the "off-metals" album an image of a 1998 cent struck
      on an unplated foreign zinc planchet. It weighs 2.05g. The absence
      of plating appears to be an error, as a thin dusting of copper can be
      seen on both faces under magnfication.

      This coin was erroneously slabbed by ANACS as an unplated elliptical
      clip.

      You don't see too many foreign planchet errors in which the planchet
      itself is wrong even for the country it was destined for.