50 % curved clip with uniface reverse

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
      (Uploaded one pic to clip folder)

      I am definately up on my clip collection, but I couldn't pass this one up.

      The uniface reverse added more appeal. I found this rather
      interesting. So then, this clip Jeff nickel was struck while laying
      on top of a blank planchet?

      Not overly dramatic, but I thought the price was right, after they
      accepted my offer. Considering the uniface feature and the clip being
      right at that magical 50% (also, NGC slab states it is 2.2 Grams).

      This must be an older slab, if Grading services are now labeling it as
      struck on Scrap when 50% or more clipped?

      Coin has not arrived yet, will take clear pic's if needed or something
      else reveals itself.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff"
        <jylitalo@...> wrote:

        > (Uploaded one pic to clip folder)
        >
        > I am definately up on my clip collection, but I couldn't pass this
        one up.

        > The uniface reverse added more appeal. I found this rather
        > interesting. So then, this clip Jeff nickel was struck while
        laying
        > on top of a blank planchet?

        Yes. You don't find many in-collar, uniface clips in any
        denomination. It's equally nice when you find a coin struck through
        a clipped planchet.

        > Not overly dramatic, but I thought the price was right, after they
        > accepted my offer. Considering the uniface feature and the clip
        being
        > right at that magical 50% (also, NGC slab states it is 2.2 Grams).

        I think it's an outstanding error.
      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
          Thanks for the feedback Mike.