Re: 2006 Nickel Planchet Error?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2007
      These are probably die scrapes from a feed finger scraping across the
      surface of the anvil (obverse) die. This can remove metal, so that low
      relief areas disappear.

      Similar die scrapes are known from most denominations. The lines are
      coarser and straighter than the lines produced by intentional die
      abrasion ("die polishing")

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, portpere