RE: [Error Coin Information Exchange] PCGS Grading Planchets - Fred:

  • Error Coins
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 1, 2006
      Actually, I like the idea of grading planchets. Most of my blanks look like
      crap! I would be happy to pay a premium, a substantial premium at that, for a
      planchet with good color and a minimum of marks from whatever the source. I
      realize that a grading service is not a requirement here, but it sure makes
      things easier when dealing trough the mail.

      Just a perspective from one "Small Time Collector".

      Later.....
      Steve

      PS Didn't brother Lindy have some sort of "system" for defining the best
      blanks?

      Error Type Collection:
      http://www.five0central.com/ErrorCollection/Five0ErrorTypeSet.htm