1942 Walking Liberty Half, struck on a quarter planchet

  • csmith1541
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10 6:59 PM
      Hello,

      Walking Liberty Half, struck on a quarter planchet.

      Bowers and Merena recently auctioned one and called it
      "possibly unique" Here is a scan of mine:

      http://www.coinvault.com/i/q.jpg
      http://www.coinvault.com/i/qr.jpg

      Anybody know how many are known of wrong-planchet
      Walking Liberty Half Dollars?

      Best Regards,
      Clark Smith
    • dermestid
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10 8:45 PM
        Hi Clark. Nice wrong planchet error. I don't know of any
        comprehensive list of Walking Liberty wrong planchet/off-metal
        errors. The Judd pattern book (7th ed) lists a 1943 half struck on a
        quarter planchet. I'm sure there are more out there.
      • fred_weinberg
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11 7:40 AM
          I would guess that there are up to a few dozen known,
          mostly in the 1940's. Most of them are Nice BU's to
          Gems - I have never seen a circ, but have seen just
          a few nice A.U.'s......

          Fred

          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@y..., "dermestid" <mdia1@a...>