Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] from Mike Byers- Mated U.S. 1980-P Nickel Off-Metal Pair

  • Jerry Jaske
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2 1:34 PM
      Awesome!!  Thanks for sharing these mated pairs-I especially like this one.

      byersnc <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      A 1980-P Jefferson Nickel Struck Off-Center On a Cent Planchet With a
      Partial Brockage mated to a Double Struck Nickel With an Indented Rev.

      http://www.byersnc. com/inventory/ 5c1980matedpairx .jpg
      http://www.byersnc. com/inventory/ 5c1980matedpair1 m.jpg
      http://www.byersnc. com/inventory/ 5c1980matedpair2 m.jpg

      Mike Byers
      http://mikebyers. com

    • Rich Schemmer
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 8 7:31 PM
        Fred You don't remember this m ated set?
        Once belonged to the (late) Pete Bishal, was origibally part of a 5
        nickel set of 1980 Nickels, all mated. Was part of the coins stolen
        from Pete in the late 80's.. ** be advise this is NO reflection on
        Mike. Pete passed away a number of years ago and his coin were stolen
        from his Hotel room. But this mated set was origanlly a set of 5
        coins.. very interesting and rare.. Great coins Mike.. There was NO
        way you could have known this or would have prevented anyone from
        purchasing it.

        Great coins
        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > A 1980-P Jefferson Nickel Struck Off-Center On a Cent Planchet With a
        > Partial Brockage mated to a Double Struck Nickel With an Indented Rev.
        >

        > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpairx.jpg
        > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair1m.jpg
        > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair2m.jpg
        >
        > Mike Byers
        > http://mikebyers.com

      • byersnc
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 8 8:21 PM
          Rich- regarding your post...I purchased it from an individual who
          had purchased it from a collector that is well known fom the West
          Coast. It's interesting how coins go around. I wonder if anyone has
          any written documentation that Pete owned it.

          (Rich I'm not challenging your post that you remember that it was
          part of his inventory, just interested to know if there is any
          proof and documentation that it was in his price list or inventory
          list etc...)

          Mike Byers
          http://mikebyers.com

          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Schemmer"
          <RichErrors@...> wrote:

          > Fred You don't remember this m ated set?
          > Once belonged to the (late) Pete Bishal, was origibally part of
          a 5
          > nickel set of 1980 Nickels, all mated. Was part of the coins
          stolen
          > from Pete in the late 80's.. ** be advise this is NO reflection
          on
          > Mike. Pete passed away a number of years ago and his coin were
          stolen
          > from his Hotel room. But this mated set was origanlly a set of 5
          > coins.. very interesting and rare.. Great coins Mike.. There was
          NO
          > way you could have known this or would have prevented anyone from
          > purchasing it.
          >
          > Great coins
          > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
          > <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > A 1980-P Jefferson Nickel Struck Off-Center On a Cent Planchet
          With a
          > > Partial Brockage mated to a Double Struck Nickel With an
          Indented Rev.

          > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpairx.jpg
          > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair1m.jpg
          > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair2m.jpg
          > >
          > > Mike Byers
          > > http://mikebyers.com

        • byersnc
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 8 9:00 PM
            I just ended my listing on ebay of this mated set. If anyone has any
            printed catalog, price list or inventory list from Pete describing
            this set, please contact me. Thanks.

            Mike Byers
            http://mikebyers.com

            <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Rich- regarding your post...I purchased it from an individual who
            > had purchased it from a collector that is well known fom the West
            > Coast. It's interesting how coins go around. I wonder if anyone
            has
            > any written documentation that Pete owned it.
            >
            > (Rich I'm not challenging your post that you remember that it was
            > part of his inventory, just interested to know if there is any
            > proof and documentation that it was in his price list or inventory
            > list etc...)
            >
            > Mike Byers
            > http://mikebyers.com
            >

            > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich
            Schemmer"
            > <RichErrors@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Fred You don't remember this m ated set?
            > > Once belonged to the (late) Pete Bishal, was origibally part
            of
            > a 5
            > > nickel set of 1980 Nickels, all mated. Was part of the coins
            > stolen
            > > from Pete in the late 80's.. ** be advise this is NO reflection
            > on
            > > Mike. Pete passed away a number of years ago and his coin were
            > stolen
            > > from his Hotel room. But this mated set was origanlly a set of
            5
            > > coins.. very interesting and rare.. Great coins Mike.. There
            was
            > NO
            > > way you could have known this or would have prevented anyone
            from
            > > purchasing it.
            > >
            > > Great coins
            > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
            > > <no_reply@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > A 1980-P Jefferson Nickel Struck Off-Center On a Cent Planchet
            > With a
            > > > Partial Brockage mated to a Double Struck Nickel With an
            > Indented Rev.
            > > >

            > > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpairx.jpg
            > > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair1m.jpg
            > > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair2m.jpg
            > > >
            > > > Mike Byers
            > > > http://mikebyers.com

          • Rich Schemmer
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 9 4:14 AM
              I'll try to look it up, Mike. That set was in an ad with a photograph
              some time back, an amazing set.. I remember, because Pete had offered
              to sell me the set of 5 coins. It was back in the days of the
              Cherry Hill Erroramas ( 1980's).. Long Long time ago. There's
              literaly thousands of "PAST" stolen coins out there, just from Pete,
              Arn Margolis, & the Mark Lightermans Thefts. NOT to mention the
              untold many many other people that had losses like this. I'm sure we
              ALL have some of these coins in our collections, they eventually
              always come into the market place sooner or later and are absorbed by
              the market.

              <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > I just ended my listing on ebay of this mated set. If anyone has
              any
              > printed catalog, price list or inventory list from Pete describing
              > this set, please contact me. Thanks.
              >
              > Mike Byers
              > http://mikebyers.com
              >

              > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
              > <no_reply@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Rich- regarding your post...I purchased it from an individual who
              > > had purchased it from a collector that is well known fom the West
              > > Coast. It's interesting how coins go around. I wonder if anyone
              > has
              > > any written documentation that Pete owned it.
              > >
              > > (Rich I'm not challenging your post that you remember that it was
              > > part of his inventory, just interested to know if there is any
              > > proof and documentation that it was in his price list or
              inventory
              > > list etc...)
              > >
              > > Mike Byers
              > > http://mikebyers.com
              > >

              > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich
              > Schemmer"
              > > <RichErrors@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Fred You don't remember this m ated set?
              > > > Once belonged to the (late) Pete Bishal, was origibally part
              > of
              > > a 5
              > > > nickel set of 1980 Nickels, all mated. Was part of the coins
              > > stolen
              > > > from Pete in the late 80's.. ** be advise this is NO
              reflection
              > > on
              > > > Mike. Pete passed away a number of years ago and his coin were
              > > stolen
              > > > from his Hotel room. But this mated set was origanlly a set
              of
              > 5
              > > > coins.. very interesting and rare.. Great coins Mike.. There
              > was
              > > NO
              > > > way you could have known this or would have prevented anyone
              > from
              > > > purchasing it.
              > > >
              > > > Great coins
              > > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc

              Planchet
              > > With a
              > > Indented Rev.

            • byersnc
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 9 8:35 AM
                Thanks, Rich. By the way, how was the class and coin show in CO?

                <RichErrors@...> wrote:

                > I'll try to look it up, Mike. That set was in an ad with a
                photograph
                > some time back, an amazing set.. I remember, because Pete had
                offered
                > to sell me the set of 5 coins. It was back in the days of the
                > Cherry Hill Erroramas ( 1980's).. Long Long time ago. There's
                > literaly thousands of "PAST" stolen coins out there, just from
                Pete,
                > Arn Margolis, & the Mark Lightermans Thefts. NOT to mention the
                > untold many many other people that had losses like this. I'm sure
                we
                > ALL have some of these coins in our collections, they eventually
                > always come into the market place sooner or later and are absorbed
                by
                > the market.
                >
                > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
                > <no_reply@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I just ended my listing on ebay of this mated set. If anyone has
                > any
                > > printed catalog, price list or inventory list from Pete
                describing
                > > this set, please contact me. Thanks.
                > >
                > > Mike Byers
                > > http://mikebyers.com
                > >

                > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
                > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Rich- regarding your post...I purchased it from an individual
                who
                > > > had purchased it from a collector that is well known fom the
                West
                > > > Coast. It's interesting how coins go around. I wonder if
                anyone
                > > has
                > > > any written documentation that Pete owned it.
                > > >
                > > > (Rich I'm not challenging your post that you remember that it
                was
                > > > part of his inventory, just interested to know if there is
                any
                > > > proof and documentation that it was in his price list or
                > inventory
                > > > list etc...)
                > > >
                > > > Mike Byers
                > > > http://mikebyers.com
                > > >

                > > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich
                > > Schemmer"

                > > of
                > > > a 5
                > > > stolen
                > reflection
                > > > on
                > > > stolen
                > of
                > > 5
                There
                > > was
                > > > NO
                > > from

                > Planchet
                > > > With a
                > > > Indented Rev.

              • Rich Schemmer
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 9 11:58 AM
                  The ANA Summer seminar class of 06 (Ultimate Error Course0 went real
                  well. There are now a bunch of new error collectors out there and
                  they have been introduced to this sight also! Next year it appears
                  to ANA Summer seminar will be condensed to just 1 week, most likely
                  the 2nd week of July. 1 big mass of nearly 500 numismatists partying
                  day & night LOL.

                  Show was OK, But no great errors. Spoke to JD, Mike.. he showed me
                  blow ups of the D/S Early gold eagle, WOW!!!! what else can I say?

                  Thanx
                  Rich Schemmer
                  Rich Schemmer Error Coins
                  http://WWW.RichErrors.com/store.php

                  <no_reply@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks, Rich. By the way, how was the class and coin show in CO?
                  >

                  > Mike Byers
                  > http://mikebyers.com
                  >

                  > -- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Schemmer"
                  > <RichErrors@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'll try to look it up, Mike. That set was in an ad with a
                  > photograph
                  > > some time back, an amazing set.. I remember, because Pete had
                  > offered
                  > > to sell me the set of 5 coins. It was back in the days of the
                  > > Cherry Hill Erroramas ( 1980's).. Long Long time ago. There's
                  > > literaly thousands of "PAST" stolen coins out there, just from
                  > Pete,
                  > > Arn Margolis, & the Mark Lightermans Thefts. NOT to mention the
                  > > untold many many other people that had losses like this. I'm
                  sure
                  > we
                  > > ALL have some of these coins in our collections, they eventually
                  > > always come into the market place sooner or later and are
                  absorbed
                  > by
                  > > the market.
                  > >
                  > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
                  > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I just ended my listing on ebay of this mated set. If anyone
                  has
                  > > any
                  > > > printed catalog, price list or inventory list from Pete
                  > describing
                  > > > this set, please contact me. Thanks.
                  > > >
                  > > > Mike Byers
                  > > > http://mikebyers.com
                  > > >

                  > > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc

                  > who
                  > West
                  > anyone
                  > > > has

                  > was
                  > any
                  > > inventory

                  > > > Schemmer"

                  > part
                  > > > of
                  > coins
                  > > reflection
                  > were
                  > set
                  > > of
                  > > > 5
                  > There
                  > > > was
                  > > > from

                  > > Planchet

                • byersnc
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 9 2:58 PM
                    Rich- glad you had a blast. Yes, that early double struck gold piece
                    is fantastic. See you at the ANA.

                    http://mikebyers.com/03392903.html