Gone PHISHING and got caught!

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2006
      JUST A WARNING TO ALL FRIENDS ABOUT THIS NEW PFISHING SCAM, A
      PURPORTED LETTER FROM AN EBAY MEMBER SENT THROUGH EBAY MEMBER
      QUESTIONS, AND AFTER I ANSWERED AND ENTERED MY PASSWORD, I REALIZED
      THAT I HAD BEEN HAD. I NOTIFIED EBAY SECURITY, AND IMMEDIATELY CHANGED
      MY PASSWORD. LOOKS REAL, AND SENDS YOU TO THE REAL EBAY WHEN YOU SIGN
      IN...BUT THEY JUST STEAL YOUR EBAY ID AND PASSWORD. HERE'S WHAT IT
      LOOKS LIKE (SAFE JPEG SCAN OF LETTER), FYI. DO NOT ANSWER IT....

      http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ebayspoof0702060lw.jpg

      FIRST TIME THAT I'VE BEEN SUCKED IN! SCAMMERS GETTING MORE
      SOPHISTICATED.....MARC
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2006
        Thanks for the warning, Marc. I've gotten a few messages like this but
        they usually refer to an item that I've never had any involvement with,
        either as a buyer or a seller. When in doubt, I copy the item number
        and paste it into an existing eBay auction header and see what comes
        up. However, if these folks are now using items that you're connected
        with, that shows an increase in sophisication.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Marc"