Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] from Mike Byers- Mated U.S. 1980-P Nickel Off-Metal Pair

  • Al C.
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
      I got to win the Super Lotto tonight:)

      http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpairx.jpg

      http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair1m.jpg

      http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair2m.jpg

      > Mike Byers
      > http://mikebyers.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Jerry Jaske

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 8, 2006
          Fred You don't remember this m ated set?
          Once belonged to the (late) Pete Bishal, was origibally part of a 5
          nickel set of 1980 Nickels, all mated. Was part of the coins stolen
          from Pete in the late 80's.. ** be advise this is NO reflection on
          Mike. Pete passed away a number of years ago and his coin were stolen
          from his Hotel room. But this mated set was origanlly a set of 5
          coins.. very interesting and rare.. Great coins Mike.. There was NO
          way you could have known this or would have prevented anyone from
          purchasing it.

          Great coins
          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
          <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > A 1980-P Jefferson Nickel Struck Off-Center On a Cent Planchet With a
          > Partial Brockage mated to a Double Struck Nickel With an Indented Rev.
          >

          > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpairx.jpg
          > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair1m.jpg
          > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair2m.jpg
          >
          > Mike Byers
          > http://mikebyers.com

        • byersnc
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 8, 2006
            Rich- regarding your post...I purchased it from an individual who
            had purchased it from a collector that is well known fom the West
            Coast. It's interesting how coins go around. I wonder if anyone has
            any written documentation that Pete owned it.

            (Rich I'm not challenging your post that you remember that it was
            part of his inventory, just interested to know if there is any
            proof and documentation that it was in his price list or inventory
            list etc...)

            Mike Byers
            http://mikebyers.com

            --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Schemmer"
            <RichErrors@...> wrote:

            > Fred You don't remember this m ated set?
            > Once belonged to the (late) Pete Bishal, was origibally part of
            a 5
            > nickel set of 1980 Nickels, all mated. Was part of the coins
            stolen
            > from Pete in the late 80's.. ** be advise this is NO reflection
            on
            > Mike. Pete passed away a number of years ago and his coin were
            stolen
            > from his Hotel room. But this mated set was origanlly a set of 5
            > coins.. very interesting and rare.. Great coins Mike.. There was
            NO
            > way you could have known this or would have prevented anyone from
            > purchasing it.
            >
            > Great coins
            > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
            > <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >
            > > A 1980-P Jefferson Nickel Struck Off-Center On a Cent Planchet
            With a
            > > Partial Brockage mated to a Double Struck Nickel With an
            Indented Rev.

            > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpairx.jpg
            > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair1m.jpg
            > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair2m.jpg
            > >
            > > Mike Byers
            > > http://mikebyers.com

          • byersnc
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 8, 2006
              I just ended my listing on ebay of this mated set. If anyone has any
              printed catalog, price list or inventory list from Pete describing
              this set, please contact me. Thanks.

              Mike Byers
              http://mikebyers.com

              <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > Rich- regarding your post...I purchased it from an individual who
              > had purchased it from a collector that is well known fom the West
              > Coast. It's interesting how coins go around. I wonder if anyone
              has
              > any written documentation that Pete owned it.
              >
              > (Rich I'm not challenging your post that you remember that it was
              > part of his inventory, just interested to know if there is any
              > proof and documentation that it was in his price list or inventory
              > list etc...)
              >
              > Mike Byers
              > http://mikebyers.com
              >

              > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich
              Schemmer"
              > <RichErrors@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Fred You don't remember this m ated set?
              > > Once belonged to the (late) Pete Bishal, was origibally part
              of
              > a 5
              > > nickel set of 1980 Nickels, all mated. Was part of the coins
              > stolen
              > > from Pete in the late 80's.. ** be advise this is NO reflection
              > on
              > > Mike. Pete passed away a number of years ago and his coin were
              > stolen
              > > from his Hotel room. But this mated set was origanlly a set of
              5
              > > coins.. very interesting and rare.. Great coins Mike.. There
              was
              > NO
              > > way you could have known this or would have prevented anyone
              from
              > > purchasing it.
              > >
              > > Great coins
              > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
              > > <no_reply@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > A 1980-P Jefferson Nickel Struck Off-Center On a Cent Planchet
              > With a
              > > > Partial Brockage mated to a Double Struck Nickel With an
              > Indented Rev.
              > > >

              > > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpairx.jpg
              > > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair1m.jpg
              > > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair2m.jpg
              > > >
              > > > Mike Byers
              > > > http://mikebyers.com

            • Rich Schemmer
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
                I'll try to look it up, Mike. That set was in an ad with a photograph
                some time back, an amazing set.. I remember, because Pete had offered
                to sell me the set of 5 coins. It was back in the days of the
                Cherry Hill Erroramas ( 1980's).. Long Long time ago. There's
                literaly thousands of "PAST" stolen coins out there, just from Pete,
                Arn Margolis, & the Mark Lightermans Thefts. NOT to mention the
                untold many many other people that had losses like this. I'm sure we
                ALL have some of these coins in our collections, they eventually
                always come into the market place sooner or later and are absorbed by
                the market.

                <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > I just ended my listing on ebay of this mated set. If anyone has
                any
                > printed catalog, price list or inventory list from Pete describing
                > this set, please contact me. Thanks.
                >
                > Mike Byers
                > http://mikebyers.com
                >

                > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
                > <no_reply@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Rich- regarding your post...I purchased it from an individual who
                > > had purchased it from a collector that is well known fom the West
                > > Coast. It's interesting how coins go around. I wonder if anyone
                > has
                > > any written documentation that Pete owned it.
                > >
                > > (Rich I'm not challenging your post that you remember that it was
                > > part of his inventory, just interested to know if there is any
                > > proof and documentation that it was in his price list or
                inventory
                > > list etc...)
                > >
                > > Mike Byers
                > > http://mikebyers.com
                > >

                > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich
                > Schemmer"
                > > <RichErrors@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Fred You don't remember this m ated set?
                > > > Once belonged to the (late) Pete Bishal, was origibally part
                > of
                > > a 5
                > > > nickel set of 1980 Nickels, all mated. Was part of the coins
                > > stolen
                > > > from Pete in the late 80's.. ** be advise this is NO
                reflection
                > > on
                > > > Mike. Pete passed away a number of years ago and his coin were
                > > stolen
                > > > from his Hotel room. But this mated set was origanlly a set
                of
                > 5
                > > > coins.. very interesting and rare.. Great coins Mike.. There
                > was
                > > NO
                > > > way you could have known this or would have prevented anyone
                > from
                > > > purchasing it.
                > > >
                > > > Great coins
                > > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc

                Planchet
                > > With a
                > > Indented Rev.

              • byersnc
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
                  Thanks, Rich. By the way, how was the class and coin show in CO?

                  <RichErrors@...> wrote:

                  > I'll try to look it up, Mike. That set was in an ad with a
                  photograph
                  > some time back, an amazing set.. I remember, because Pete had
                  offered
                  > to sell me the set of 5 coins. It was back in the days of the
                  > Cherry Hill Erroramas ( 1980's).. Long Long time ago. There's
                  > literaly thousands of "PAST" stolen coins out there, just from
                  Pete,
                  > Arn Margolis, & the Mark Lightermans Thefts. NOT to mention the
                  > untold many many other people that had losses like this. I'm sure
                  we
                  > ALL have some of these coins in our collections, they eventually
                  > always come into the market place sooner or later and are absorbed
                  by
                  > the market.
                  >
                  > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
                  > <no_reply@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I just ended my listing on ebay of this mated set. If anyone has
                  > any
                  > > printed catalog, price list or inventory list from Pete
                  describing
                  > > this set, please contact me. Thanks.
                  > >
                  > > Mike Byers
                  > > http://mikebyers.com
                  > >

                  > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
                  > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Rich- regarding your post...I purchased it from an individual
                  who
                  > > > had purchased it from a collector that is well known fom the
                  West
                  > > > Coast. It's interesting how coins go around. I wonder if
                  anyone
                  > > has
                  > > > any written documentation that Pete owned it.
                  > > >
                  > > > (Rich I'm not challenging your post that you remember that it
                  was
                  > > > part of his inventory, just interested to know if there is
                  any
                  > > > proof and documentation that it was in his price list or
                  > inventory
                  > > > list etc...)
                  > > >
                  > > > Mike Byers
                  > > > http://mikebyers.com
                  > > >

                  > > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich
                  > > Schemmer"

                  > > of
                  > > > a 5
                  > > > stolen
                  > reflection
                  > > > on
                  > > > stolen
                  > of
                  > > 5
                  There
                  > > was
                  > > > NO
                  > > from

                  > Planchet
                  > > > With a
                  > > > Indented Rev.

                • Rich Schemmer
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
                    The ANA Summer seminar class of 06 (Ultimate Error Course0 went real
                    well. There are now a bunch of new error collectors out there and
                    they have been introduced to this sight also! Next year it appears
                    to ANA Summer seminar will be condensed to just 1 week, most likely
                    the 2nd week of July. 1 big mass of nearly 500 numismatists partying
                    day & night LOL.

                    Show was OK, But no great errors. Spoke to JD, Mike.. he showed me
                    blow ups of the D/S Early gold eagle, WOW!!!! what else can I say?

                    Thanx
                    Rich Schemmer
                    Rich Schemmer Error Coins
                    http://WWW.RichErrors.com/store.php

                    <no_reply@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks, Rich. By the way, how was the class and coin show in CO?
                    >

                    > Mike Byers
                    > http://mikebyers.com
                    >

                    > -- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Schemmer"
                    > <RichErrors@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I'll try to look it up, Mike. That set was in an ad with a
                    > photograph
                    > > some time back, an amazing set.. I remember, because Pete had
                    > offered
                    > > to sell me the set of 5 coins. It was back in the days of the
                    > > Cherry Hill Erroramas ( 1980's).. Long Long time ago. There's
                    > > literaly thousands of "PAST" stolen coins out there, just from
                    > Pete,
                    > > Arn Margolis, & the Mark Lightermans Thefts. NOT to mention the
                    > > untold many many other people that had losses like this. I'm
                    sure
                    > we
                    > > ALL have some of these coins in our collections, they eventually
                    > > always come into the market place sooner or later and are
                    absorbed
                    > by
                    > > the market.
                    > >
                    > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
                    > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > I just ended my listing on ebay of this mated set. If anyone
                    has
                    > > any
                    > > > printed catalog, price list or inventory list from Pete
                    > describing
                    > > > this set, please contact me. Thanks.
                    > > >
                    > > > Mike Byers
                    > > > http://mikebyers.com
                    > > >

                    > > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc

                    > who
                    > West
                    > anyone
                    > > > has

                    > was
                    > any
                    > > inventory

                    > > > Schemmer"

                    > part
                    > > > of
                    > coins
                    > > reflection
                    > were
                    > set
                    > > of
                    > > > 5
                    > There
                    > > > was
                    > > > from

                    > > Planchet

                  • byersnc
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
                      Rich- glad you had a blast. Yes, that early double struck gold piece
                      is fantastic. See you at the ANA.

                      http://mikebyers.com/03392903.html