Re: from Mike Byers- Unique Mated Off-Metal DIE CAP PAIR

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2006
      I don't see how these can be a mated pair. The bottom coin should show
      a first-strike brockage on the obverse face. Instead, the bottom coin
      shows either an in-collar uniface strike or an early strike from a
      uniface die cap. It can't be a late-stage brockage because there is no
      brockage impression and there is hardly any ghost image of Lincoln.

      Thanks for showing us this and the other errors. They're quite
      remarkable.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > A 1970-D Lincoln Cent Obverse Die Cap struck on a Dime Blank mated to
      > (1970-D) Lincoln Cent on a Dime Blank with a Late Stage Brockage
      > Obverse. This is only the third known off-metal die cap mated pair
      for
      > any denomination. Unique.
      >
      > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/1c1970matedpair1m.jpg
      > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/1c1970matedpair2m.jpg
      >
      > Mike Byers
      > http://mikebyers.com

    • byersnc
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2006
        Hi Mike D. Thanks for alerting me. The deal I bought has 25 pieces
        plus the mated sets that I previously mentioned. Several of the
        mated sets are 3 piece mated!! I think this scan got mixed up since
        the deal just came in today, and it's a project to get all of these
        in my ebay store, website, price list, catalog and book. My
        webmaster just left for vacation so if I can't sort it out it will
        have to wait until his return. Somewhere is the 2nd half mate to the
        off metal die cap.

        Mike Byers
        http://mikebyers.com