from Mike Byers- Mated U.S. 1980-P Nickel Off-Metal Pair

  • byersnc
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
      A 1980-P Jefferson Nickel Struck Off-Center On a Cent Planchet With a
      Partial Brockage mated to a Double Struck Nickel With an Indented Rev.

      http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpairx.jpg
      http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair1m.jpg
      http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair2m.jpg

      Mike Byers
      http://mikebyers.com
    • Al C.
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
        I got to win the Super Lotto tonight:)

        --- byersnc <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > A 1980-P Jefferson Nickel Struck Off-Center On a
        > Cent Planchet With a
        > Partial Brockage mated to a Double Struck Nickel
        > With an Indented Rev.

        http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpairx.jpg

        http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair1m.jpg

        http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair2m.jpg

        > Mike Byers
        > http://mikebyers.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Jerry Jaske

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 8, 2006
            Fred You don't remember this m ated set?
            Once belonged to the (late) Pete Bishal, was origibally part of a 5
            nickel set of 1980 Nickels, all mated. Was part of the coins stolen
            from Pete in the late 80's.. ** be advise this is NO reflection on
            Mike. Pete passed away a number of years ago and his coin were stolen
            from his Hotel room. But this mated set was origanlly a set of 5
            coins.. very interesting and rare.. Great coins Mike.. There was NO
            way you could have known this or would have prevented anyone from
            purchasing it.

            Great coins
            --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
            <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > A 1980-P Jefferson Nickel Struck Off-Center On a Cent Planchet With a
            > Partial Brockage mated to a Double Struck Nickel With an Indented Rev.
            >

            > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpairx.jpg
            > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair1m.jpg
            > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair2m.jpg
            >
            > Mike Byers
            > http://mikebyers.com

          • byersnc
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 8, 2006
              Rich- regarding your post...I purchased it from an individual who
              had purchased it from a collector that is well known fom the West
              Coast. It's interesting how coins go around. I wonder if anyone has
              any written documentation that Pete owned it.

              (Rich I'm not challenging your post that you remember that it was
              part of his inventory, just interested to know if there is any
              proof and documentation that it was in his price list or inventory
              list etc...)

              Mike Byers
              http://mikebyers.com

              --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Schemmer"
              <RichErrors@...> wrote:

              > Fred You don't remember this m ated set?
              > Once belonged to the (late) Pete Bishal, was origibally part of
              a 5
              > nickel set of 1980 Nickels, all mated. Was part of the coins
              stolen
              > from Pete in the late 80's.. ** be advise this is NO reflection
              on
              > Mike. Pete passed away a number of years ago and his coin were
              stolen
              > from his Hotel room. But this mated set was origanlly a set of 5
              > coins.. very interesting and rare.. Great coins Mike.. There was
              NO
              > way you could have known this or would have prevented anyone from
              > purchasing it.
              >
              > Great coins
              > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
              > <no_reply@> wrote:
              > >
              > > A 1980-P Jefferson Nickel Struck Off-Center On a Cent Planchet
              With a
              > > Partial Brockage mated to a Double Struck Nickel With an
              Indented Rev.

              > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpairx.jpg
              > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair1m.jpg
              > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair2m.jpg
              > >
              > > Mike Byers
              > > http://mikebyers.com

            • byersnc
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 8, 2006
                I just ended my listing on ebay of this mated set. If anyone has any
                printed catalog, price list or inventory list from Pete describing
                this set, please contact me. Thanks.

                Mike Byers
                http://mikebyers.com

                <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > Rich- regarding your post...I purchased it from an individual who
                > had purchased it from a collector that is well known fom the West
                > Coast. It's interesting how coins go around. I wonder if anyone
                has
                > any written documentation that Pete owned it.
                >
                > (Rich I'm not challenging your post that you remember that it was
                > part of his inventory, just interested to know if there is any
                > proof and documentation that it was in his price list or inventory
                > list etc...)
                >
                > Mike Byers
                > http://mikebyers.com
                >

                > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich
                Schemmer"
                > <RichErrors@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Fred You don't remember this m ated set?
                > > Once belonged to the (late) Pete Bishal, was origibally part
                of
                > a 5
                > > nickel set of 1980 Nickels, all mated. Was part of the coins
                > stolen
                > > from Pete in the late 80's.. ** be advise this is NO reflection
                > on
                > > Mike. Pete passed away a number of years ago and his coin were
                > stolen
                > > from his Hotel room. But this mated set was origanlly a set of
                5
                > > coins.. very interesting and rare.. Great coins Mike.. There
                was
                > NO
                > > way you could have known this or would have prevented anyone
                from
                > > purchasing it.
                > >
                > > Great coins
                > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
                > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > A 1980-P Jefferson Nickel Struck Off-Center On a Cent Planchet
                > With a
                > > > Partial Brockage mated to a Double Struck Nickel With an
                > Indented Rev.
                > > >

                > > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpairx.jpg
                > > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair1m.jpg
                > > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/5c1980matedpair2m.jpg
                > > >
                > > > Mike Byers
                > > > http://mikebyers.com

              • Rich Schemmer
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
                  I'll try to look it up, Mike. That set was in an ad with a photograph
                  some time back, an amazing set.. I remember, because Pete had offered
                  to sell me the set of 5 coins. It was back in the days of the
                  Cherry Hill Erroramas ( 1980's).. Long Long time ago. There's
                  literaly thousands of "PAST" stolen coins out there, just from Pete,
                  Arn Margolis, & the Mark Lightermans Thefts. NOT to mention the
                  untold many many other people that had losses like this. I'm sure we
                  ALL have some of these coins in our collections, they eventually
                  always come into the market place sooner or later and are absorbed by
                  the market.

                  <no_reply@...> wrote:

                  > I just ended my listing on ebay of this mated set. If anyone has
                  any
                  > printed catalog, price list or inventory list from Pete describing
                  > this set, please contact me. Thanks.
                  >
                  > Mike Byers
                  > http://mikebyers.com
                  >

                  > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
                  > <no_reply@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Rich- regarding your post...I purchased it from an individual who
                  > > had purchased it from a collector that is well known fom the West
                  > > Coast. It's interesting how coins go around. I wonder if anyone
                  > has
                  > > any written documentation that Pete owned it.
                  > >
                  > > (Rich I'm not challenging your post that you remember that it was
                  > > part of his inventory, just interested to know if there is any
                  > > proof and documentation that it was in his price list or
                  inventory
                  > > list etc...)
                  > >
                  > > Mike Byers
                  > > http://mikebyers.com
                  > >

                  > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich
                  > Schemmer"
                  > > <RichErrors@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Fred You don't remember this m ated set?
                  > > > Once belonged to the (late) Pete Bishal, was origibally part
                  > of
                  > > a 5
                  > > > nickel set of 1980 Nickels, all mated. Was part of the coins
                  > > stolen
                  > > > from Pete in the late 80's.. ** be advise this is NO
                  reflection
                  > > on
                  > > > Mike. Pete passed away a number of years ago and his coin were
                  > > stolen
                  > > > from his Hotel room. But this mated set was origanlly a set
                  of
                  > 5
                  > > > coins.. very interesting and rare.. Great coins Mike.. There
                  > was
                  > > NO
                  > > > way you could have known this or would have prevented anyone
                  > from
                  > > > purchasing it.
                  > > >
                  > > > Great coins
                  > > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc

                  Planchet
                  > > With a
                  > > Indented Rev.

                • byersnc
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
                    Thanks, Rich. By the way, how was the class and coin show in CO?

                    <RichErrors@...> wrote:

                    > I'll try to look it up, Mike. That set was in an ad with a
                    photograph
                    > some time back, an amazing set.. I remember, because Pete had
                    offered
                    > to sell me the set of 5 coins. It was back in the days of the
                    > Cherry Hill Erroramas ( 1980's).. Long Long time ago. There's
                    > literaly thousands of "PAST" stolen coins out there, just from
                    Pete,
                    > Arn Margolis, & the Mark Lightermans Thefts. NOT to mention the
                    > untold many many other people that had losses like this. I'm sure
                    we
                    > ALL have some of these coins in our collections, they eventually
                    > always come into the market place sooner or later and are absorbed
                    by
                    > the market.
                    >
                    > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
                    > <no_reply@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I just ended my listing on ebay of this mated set. If anyone has
                    > any
                    > > printed catalog, price list or inventory list from Pete
                    describing
                    > > this set, please contact me. Thanks.
                    > >
                    > > Mike Byers
                    > > http://mikebyers.com
                    > >

                    > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
                    > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Rich- regarding your post...I purchased it from an individual
                    who
                    > > > had purchased it from a collector that is well known fom the
                    West
                    > > > Coast. It's interesting how coins go around. I wonder if
                    anyone
                    > > has
                    > > > any written documentation that Pete owned it.
                    > > >
                    > > > (Rich I'm not challenging your post that you remember that it
                    was
                    > > > part of his inventory, just interested to know if there is
                    any
                    > > > proof and documentation that it was in his price list or
                    > inventory
                    > > > list etc...)
                    > > >
                    > > > Mike Byers
                    > > > http://mikebyers.com
                    > > >

                    > > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich
                    > > Schemmer"

                    > > of
                    > > > a 5
                    > > > stolen
                    > reflection
                    > > > on
                    > > > stolen
                    > of
                    > > 5
                    There
                    > > was
                    > > > NO
                    > > from

                    > Planchet
                    > > > With a
                    > > > Indented Rev.

                  • Rich Schemmer
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
                      The ANA Summer seminar class of 06 (Ultimate Error Course0 went real
                      well. There are now a bunch of new error collectors out there and
                      they have been introduced to this sight also! Next year it appears
                      to ANA Summer seminar will be condensed to just 1 week, most likely
                      the 2nd week of July. 1 big mass of nearly 500 numismatists partying
                      day & night LOL.

                      Show was OK, But no great errors. Spoke to JD, Mike.. he showed me
                      blow ups of the D/S Early gold eagle, WOW!!!! what else can I say?

                      Thanx
                      Rich Schemmer
                      Rich Schemmer Error Coins
                      http://WWW.RichErrors.com/store.php

                      <no_reply@...> wrote:

                      > Thanks, Rich. By the way, how was the class and coin show in CO?
                      >

                      > Mike Byers
                      > http://mikebyers.com
                      >

                      > -- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Schemmer"
                      > <RichErrors@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I'll try to look it up, Mike. That set was in an ad with a
                      > photograph
                      > > some time back, an amazing set.. I remember, because Pete had
                      > offered
                      > > to sell me the set of 5 coins. It was back in the days of the
                      > > Cherry Hill Erroramas ( 1980's).. Long Long time ago. There's
                      > > literaly thousands of "PAST" stolen coins out there, just from
                      > Pete,
                      > > Arn Margolis, & the Mark Lightermans Thefts. NOT to mention the
                      > > untold many many other people that had losses like this. I'm
                      sure
                      > we
                      > > ALL have some of these coins in our collections, they eventually
                      > > always come into the market place sooner or later and are
                      absorbed
                      > by
                      > > the market.
                      > >
                      > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
                      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I just ended my listing on ebay of this mated set. If anyone
                      has
                      > > any
                      > > > printed catalog, price list or inventory list from Pete
                      > describing
                      > > > this set, please contact me. Thanks.
                      > > >
                      > > > Mike Byers
                      > > > http://mikebyers.com
                      > > >

                      > > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc

                      > who
                      > West
                      > anyone
                      > > > has

                      > was
                      > any
                      > > inventory

                      > > > Schemmer"

                      > part
                      > > > of
                      > coins
                      > > reflection
                      > were
                      > set
                      > > of
                      > > > 5
                      > There
                      > > > was
                      > > > from

                      > > Planchet

                    • byersnc
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
                        Rich- glad you had a blast. Yes, that early double struck gold piece
                        is fantastic. See you at the ANA.

                        http://mikebyers.com/03392903.html