Re: Ill. state quarter missing clad?

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2006
      If you look in the "Fakes" album you'll see three of the counterfeit
      copper quarters. The left and middle specimens show engraved letters
      (T and Q, respectively). The left coin was cut with snips, revealing a
      pure copper interior. The one on the right had a flake of copper
      sitting on the surface that I peeled up, revealing an oddly porous
      planchet.

      These are scary in how well they were executed. I have not seen any
      state quarters of this nature.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2006
        Here's the copper quarter that's currently on eBay. It carries the
        same sort of engraving mark as many others I've seen.

        http://tiny.bz/0ke/