2006 Turkey 25 Kurish 1st strike brockage in Gold?

  • mrlindy2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006
      I watched the past few months as this dropped in start price without
      any bidder interest at ebay USA: From just several hundred dollars buy
      it now to its 3 bidder close yesterday at just $105 plus delivery plus
      wired cash transaction fee.

      This is the second one I've seen, the other is dated 2000. For some
      reason Krause World Coins does not include anything after the year
      1980, see page 2148. I'd assume the other known and well illustrated
      example which has been for sale elsewhere for $6,000, on page 82
      column one top coin, which has an identical full first strike brockage
      housed in a pcgs ms64 slab would have driven several eager wholesale
      buyers to close the offer.

      I'd want to assume the that earlier 2000 issue would have been
      included in my 2006 edition as a normal gold strike issue and maybe
      that alone turned bidders off.

      So, Are these Real Turkish 25k Gold Coins when dated after 1980? If
      so, why isn't anything after 1980 included in 2006 Krause World Coins?

      I considered bidding each time it was offered simply based on "$6,000"
      published value but I am not certain it is actually Turkish Gov't
      issued, so even $150ish it just seemed to much money for me to risk
      for a novelty item. I find it odd and yet reassuring that nobody else
      ever placed bids on it the last 3 times it was globally offered via
      ebay USA.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&item=220001016090

      Lindy