Re: In need of some info.

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
      If there is a 2 stamped over a 1, it's undoubtedly an intentionally
      altered coin or damage that mimics an overdate variety. An authentic
      error of this nature is impossible in this day and age. There have
      been no true overdates since 1908 and there hasn't been a Class III
      doubled die variety since WWII. Certainly no such error has been
      reported; if one had it would have been front page news.

      It's also unlikely you have a lamination error. I haven't seen a
      single lamination error in a Peace nickel. I see lots of errors on
      eBay labeled laminations, but they're all strike-through errors.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "randalfontenot"