Second call for CONECA candidates

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
      I haven't gotten a single expression of interest since I put up my
      first call for candidates for the CONECA board. If nobody steps
      forward the club will have no Vice-President, no Secretary, no youth
      director (Seat #3), no attributions director (Seat #6), and no
      ANA/Errorama coordinator (Seat #8).

      Again, I'll be running for President, so if any CONECA members of at
      least one year standing want to work with me to sustain and improve the
      only national organization devoted to errors and varieties, let me know.
    • mrlindy2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
        I've said it privately and I'll say it publically, I think you'll have
        a fantastic positive impact on Coneca Mike Diamond.

        My recent tirade showed me I am better off silently enjoying the error
        hobby ,both for my wallet and well being.

        You've asked for articles from me and I've never supplied any to
        Coneca. Why?

        As a error collector whose taken numerious photograpy classes, I
        learned that my images are "mine" and I own them them forever. If I
        supply images to the ANA for monthly publication I grant them "One
        Time Use" per their rules clearly stated.

        At Coneca ,on the otherhand, I grant them use forever. I've always
        found this unacceptable. Fix that, if you also see the policy as a
        problem, and I'll offer you Error Coin articles and photographs to use
        as you see fit.

        You have my wholehearted public endorsement as President of Coneca!

        I am pretty excited to see whats instore with you as president. Being
        a long timer life member of conceca, LM055, and my desire to
        accumulate a library of error related literature I know what the
        HeyDay of error coin information exchange was actually like. My god,
        there were some glorious errors whose pictures alone told so much
        about their Minting.

        Lindy

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
          Thanks for your endorsement, Lindy.

          If copyright concerns are the only thing keeping you from
          contributing, then that's certainly something the board can take a
          second look at. I don't see why why couldn't have a flexible policy.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
            A description of all Officer's positions and Board seats may be found
            here:

            http://www.conecaonline.org/content/bylawspage.html