Anyone need a '52 25c "Superbird" PF65??

  • gmanskithegman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2006
      Thinking of thinning the herd a bit...Will prob auction unless someone
      on the group needs it....would rather trade

      ~Greg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2006
        I used to have an interest in them, but then grew doubtful over the
        nature of the "S". I'm not sure what that squiggle is.

        I'm currently more interested in getting an example of an undoubted
        retouched die, such as the 1944-D Walking Liberty half with re-
        engraved designer's initials. There's also a cent from the early
        1960's that was polished and then had the front of the coat re-
        engraved. I believe Brian Raines discovered that one.

        Both of those coins I find far more interesting than the "extra leaf"
        Wisconsin quarters, which are extremely doubtful examples of
        intentional modification, in my opinion.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "gmanskithegman"

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2006
          Actually it is a 1953 proof cent with the re-engraved vest. Brian was
          kind enough to correct me.