Re: Accurate Error Price Guide!

  • mikegreer98125
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 5, 2002
      Jason,

      I am a kind natured person. I try not to get in any fights with
      people.

      You, and others have asked, is it you? Well, no. An idea such as this
      is the result of many minds, and manpower. You ask, and others have
      asked ....for profit? Well, a labor of love is part of the factor,
      but we are all human. Whether for profit, or non-profit, it does not
      really matter. Even in a non-profit org, somebody gets a new
      computer, or at least a box of pencils.

      As far as Error World Vs Your group, I am a member of both. To
      present an idea such as this, it takes a more active, and larger
      group. I presented this to you guys, and you slammed me against the
      wall. i am only trying to help out.

      As far as error fights between clubs, well I can only shake my head.
      That is for you guys to figure out. I've got bigger problems like
      bills, and life in general, than to pick fights with people I have
      never even met.

      Again, with profit, and other things. This is a seperated venture. So
      no legal, or rule breaking issues are posed.

      Jason, hey dont sweat it so much. maybe you can write an article if
      you like to be printed in the magazine. You can call it "The battle
      of the two error clubs"

      Did you like that free clipped cent I sent you a while back?

      Take Care, Mike
      PS- I work well with people, but I dont ever want to see my name
      slandered in any way.
      So please, lets just all get along. mg

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@y..., "jscraton" <craton@y...>
      wrote:
      > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@y..., "jscraton" <craton@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > > Is the magazine designed to turn a profit, or is it to be a non-
      > > > profit enterprise?
      > >
      > > I think that's an important question when you consider the club
      that
      > > is backing this rag is run on Yahoo and I don't think that Yahoo
      > will
      > > allow such a business venture to be run on their site.
      > > I'm also a tad curious as to who is in "charge" of this rag? Is
      it
      > you
      > > Mike Greer or is it the error world org?
      > > Jason
      >
      > It seems that my question ticked someone off and they decided to
      send
      > me a pretty nasty e-mail. I have contacted the ISP where it came
      from
      > and if it is from who they say they are, I'll share who it came
      from.

      > Here is the message:
      >
      > "FYI your still a halfwit butthead.why don't you get a freakin life
      > instead of sponging off your wife.Grow up and for once in your
      > life,mind your own buisiness!"
      >
      > Nice eh?
      >
      > Jason Craton
    • dermestid
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 5, 2002
        The last two posts have gotten a bit testy, which is something I
        don't like to see in this club.

        It's okay to ask questions of any new venture, but they should be
        submitted without an ulterior motive and in a spirit of open-minded
        inquiry. Error World Magazine must succeed (or fail) on its own
        merits and it will be up to each reader to decide if it is
        worthwhile. As far as I'm concerned, if you feel the magazine is
        affiliated with people or organizations of questionable repute,
        please keep those thoughts to yourself.

        I also do not want to see any personal e-mails posted without the
        consent of the sender. This violates Yahoo policy and is a
        discourteous thing to do.

        Our newer members to not want to witness flame wars and do not want
        to see old feuds resurrected.

        Mike, Jason, let's maintain the courteous atmosphere that has
        prevailed in this club since its inception.

        Thanks.

        -- Mike Diamond
      • pwrwgndrvr
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5, 2002
          Yes, lets maintain the ECIE atmosphere, as described by Arnie in his
          rag:
          ..."more oriented towards the purer forms of research and
          intellectual pursuits of error coin collecting"...and..."less
          gossipy" than the other club.

          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@y..., "dermestid" <mdia1@a...>
          wrote:
          > The last two posts have gotten a bit testy, which is something I
          > don't like to see in this club.
          >
          > It's okay to ask questions of any new venture, but they should be
          > submitted without an ulterior motive and in a spirit of open-minded
          > inquiry. Error World Magazine must succeed (or fail) on its own
          > merits and it will be up to each reader to decide if it is
          > worthwhile. As far as I'm concerned, if you feel the magazine is
          > affiliated with people or organizations of questionable repute,
          > please keep those thoughts to yourself.
          >
          > I also do not want to see any personal e-mails posted without the
          > consent of the sender. This violates Yahoo policy and is a
          > discourteous thing to do.
          >
          > Our newer members to not want to witness flame wars and do not want
          > to see old feuds resurrected.
          >
          > Mike, Jason, let's maintain the courteous atmosphere that has
          > prevailed in this club since its inception.
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > -- Mike Diamond
        • richerrors
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 6, 2002
            Congrats Mike

            You said it all in your last post..

            Best of luck on your new venture and everyone should support you, I
            know I do...

            Thanx
            Rich
            Rich Schemmer Error Coins
            WWW.RichErrors.com
          • jscraton
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 6, 2002
              wrote:
              > The last two posts have gotten a bit testy, which is something I
              > don't like to see in this club.

              I agree and hope everyone will accept my appology. I let some old
              feelings get the best of me and should not have stooped to such a
              level.
              Jason