Re: Nickel Nuts.....

  • dermestid
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2002
      Saddle strikes in which the two off-center strikes form an obtuse
      angle of close to 90 degrees are not that hard to find. I see them
      on eBay from time to time. I've never bothered to bid on any because
      one of the strikes is inevitably very small.

      In a saddle strike, the minimum distance between the dies is
      accurately preserved in only those specimens in which you've got
      close to a 180 degree angle between the two off-center strikes. As
      you move through the gap between the adjacent dies, the distance
      between the strikes grows progressively larger, the angle
      progressively smaller, and the size of the off-center strikes grows
      progressively smaller.