from Mike Byers- Ike DOUBLE STRUCK on DIME PLAN MS 64 PCGS

  • byersnc
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
    • Donovan Coinman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
        That's a nice one! Wouldn't it be neat if it also
        somehow got struck on a silver planchet?

        What would something like that go for? Can it be a
        sleeper?

        How long has this error been known?

        ./d
        --- byersnc <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > http://mikebyers.com/03631871.html
        >
        > Mike Byers
        > http://mikebyers.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • fred_weinberg
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
          Lindy,

          Look again at the scans - there is Lettering showing on both
          sides of the small second strike - it's not post-strike
          damage.....there's lettering there.....Fred

          <adkinstone@...> wrote:

          > Geeze, I don't want to seem contrary, but that "80%" off center
          second
          > strike looks like afterstrike damage to me. What exactly are the
          die
          > details from the tiny second strike that are identifiable. I can
          maybe
          > make out a collar clash. Maybe.
          >
          > I'd disagree with this slab description. Instead it looks like an
          Ike