Re: Digest Number 1420

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006
      I'm glad your adventure will have a happy ending.

      If you're going to be a serious error collector, your first steps are
      to get basic reference books and basic equipment.

      1. Get copies of The Error Coin Encyclopedia (4th ed.) and The
      Official Price Guide to Mint Errors (6th ed.)

      2. Get a 10x hand lens, a scale accurate to .01g, magnet, spreading
      caliper or micrometer, and, if you can afford it, a stereomicroscope.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne
      Himmelstein <chaincent@...> wrote:

      > Hi. The saga of the planchet continues. I am told I can return it
      for my $60 refund. I sure hope so. It was in a taped up styrofoam
      type package, with a paper envelope inside. I have kept all of the
      materials besides the outside envelope. I can send him a new
      envelope. That is plenty of money for a fake. I have no idea of
      what this piece is. It does have the same diameter as an IHC. I
      measured it up against one.

      > Thanks for your help, folks. I hope to contribute to the
      group when I can. I am already glad I joined!