Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Digest Number 1420

  • Roxanne Himmelstein
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006
      Hi.  The saga of the planchet continues.  I am told I can return it for my $60 refund.  I sure hope so.  It was in a taped up styrofoam type package, with a paper envelope inside.  I have kept all of the materials besides the outside envelope.  I can send him a new envelope.  That is plenty of money for a fake.  I have no idea of what this piece is.  It does have the same diameter as an IHC.  I measured it up against one.

             Thanks for your help, folks.  I hope to contribute to the group when I can.  I am already glad I joined!
                                Roxanne :)

      Roxanne Himmelstein, CPA Accounting and tax services available.
      Member of PICPA.
      CEO of Coinmasters, member #1794
      coppercuckoo, sales on Ebay
      *****Have a great day!!!*****

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006
        I'm glad your adventure will have a happy ending.

        If you're going to be a serious error collector, your first steps are
        to get basic reference books and basic equipment.

        1. Get copies of The Error Coin Encyclopedia (4th ed.) and The
        Official Price Guide to Mint Errors (6th ed.)

        2. Get a 10x hand lens, a scale accurate to .01g, magnet, spreading
        caliper or micrometer, and, if you can afford it, a stereomicroscope.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Roxanne