Blank IHC or FE planchet???????

  • Roxanne Himmelstein
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2006
      Hi. I just bought on Ebay a copper piece that is 19 mm in diameter
      and weighs 3.9 grams. I paid plenty for this piece. The seller said
      that it was a blank planchet for an IHC or a FE cent. I am suspecting
      I got taken. What is this, if it is not a geniune planchet? I am
      waiting to hear back from the seller if they will take this piece back
      or not.
      Roxanne
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2006
        I'd say you got taken. The weight is too great for a bronze cent
        (3.1g) and too low for a copper-nickel cent (4.66g). The copper color
        does not correspond to an 88% Cu / 12% Ni composition.

        Your copper disc could be an unstruck foreign planchet or an unstruck
        token planchet.

        Good luck getting your money back.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Roxanne