2005 Proof dime with wierd frosting on reverse.

  • ajroysdon
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2006
      I posted a picture of a dime in the default album with an abnormal
      frosted area on the reverse.I found this dime in a proof set that I
      have. Do you have any idea how this could happen. Thanks.
      Anthony
      Message 2 of 2 , May 19, 2006
        Isn't the entire design supposed to be frosted?

        If only part of the design is frosted, perhaps the polishing step
        intruded into the design.

        Anyway, it's a new one on me.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "ajroysdon"