[Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: more error news

  • Rich Schemmer
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 6, 2006
      Not sure if it's for the long run, turn 59 this month (Ouch)

      Where have the years gone, started in this hobby in my 20's

      SO many errors so little time (LOL)

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Wilharm"
      <robert.wilharm@...> wrote:

      > Rich
      > What's the deal here/ You sound like your here for the long run,
      giving out
      > quality information like that. LOL
      > Good For You.
      > Robert

      NO "P"
      > > mintmark quarter (? (filled die) They were all over the medias
      front
      > > pages,selling for Hundreds back in 82, I advised my clients
      against
      > > them and was interviewed by some Numis media papers about my
      thoughts..
      > > I even gave some (1983's & diff. dates) away FREE to people who
      > > disagreed with me.. TODAY hardly anyone even remembers them!
      > >
      > > I advised many of my clients to stay away from these Wisc. extra
      > > leafs also.. TRY selling yours to a delaer for 5k, or 2k or even
      1k OR
      > > $10. 3 years from now.
      > > Stick with the proven track records on errors, stop with the
      > > overnight get rich schemes.. I don't sell these, don't recommend
      them
      > > & don't buy them.. and certainly wouldn't purchase 1 to sell for
      > > quick profit tomorrow.. A rip off is a Rip off whether your
      buying or
      > > selling.
      > >
      > > If I'm wrong, come see me in a few years and I'm buying Lunch if
      > > they're still worth an where near what yu paid for them.
      > >
      > > Thanx
      > > Rich Schemmer
      > > Rich Schemmer Error Coins
      > > http://WWW.RichErrors.com/store.php
      > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Marc"
      > > <numismistake@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Once again, Rob and Mike, even though it's not something I'd
      collect
      > >> either, in retrospect I can kick myself in the butt for not
      picking
      > >> some up on the bourse floor for $50 apiece at last year's FUN
      show...
      > >> Who woudda thunk it? $5G for 2 '67's....Marc
      > >>

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • alscoins
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 6, 2006
        Rich,

        I guess you don't remember the days when the coin dealers sold proof
        like dollars for $1.95? We would tell them that for the price they
        wanted, I could buy two from the local banks.

        I could buy error currency from the local banks for face value. Sell
        these to dealers for a fast $1 or $2.

        There was also a time if you walked into a coin show & looked at a
        coin with a loop, you were thrown out. Errorist were hated.

        Allan
        http://www.alscoins.com

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Schemmer"
        <RichErrors@...> wrote:

        > Not sure if it's for the long run, turn 59 this month (Ouch)
        >
        > Where have the years gone, started in this hobby in my 20's
        >
        > SO many errors so little time (LOL)
        >
        > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Robert
        Wilharm"
        > <robert.wilharm@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Rich
        > > What's the deal here/ You sound like your here for the long
        run,
        > giving out
        > > quality information like that. LOL
        > > Good For You.
        > > Robert

      • Robert Wilharm
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 6, 2006
          Rich
          I am going to be 64 before the year ends and am looking forward to seeing
          another 20 but time will tell I guess.
          Happy Birthday early just in case I over stated my longevity.
          Robert
          > Not sure if it's for the long run, turn 59 this month (Ouch)
          >
          > Where have the years gone, started in this hobby in my 20's
          >
          > SO many errors so little time (LOL)
          >
          > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Wilharm"
          > <robert.wilharm@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Rich
          >> What's the deal here/ You sound like your here for the long run,
          > giving out
          >> quality information like that. LOL
          >> Good For You.
          >> Robert

        • Rob Risi

            > Not sure if it's for the long run, turn 59 this month (Ouch)
            >
            > Where have the years gone, started in this hobby in my 20's
            >
            > SO many errors so little time (LOL)
            >
            > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Wilharm"
            > <robert.wilharm@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Rich
            >> What's the deal here/  You sound like your here for the long run,
            > giving out
            >> quality information like that. LOL
            >> Good For You.
            >> Robert

          • The Guileys
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 6, 2006
              Well I don't think you're the youngest....I'm 17......today I was in
              Walmart and was wearing a shirt that had the name of a buddy of mine
              running for office.....a guy came up behind me and said that he would
              vote for him and I turned around and he was a Marine.....he then asked
              my age and without thinking I said 16.....later I was glad as the only
              Marines in town are the recruiters!!!

              Spencer

            • Travis Bolton
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 6, 2006
                I'm 29, my girlfriend says I act like I'm 55+. HA. I guess for a coin
                collector I'm on the young side. Do errors attract a younger crowd or
                something?
                ---Travis

                --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Rob Risi
                <rjrisi@...> wrote:

                > WELL LETS ALL RESPOND WITH OUR AGES IF YOU GUYS DON'T MIND...I KNOW
                WOMEN DON'T LIKE TO REVEAL THEIR AGES, BUT LETS SEE ABOUT US ERROR
                MEN.....I MAY BE THE YOUNGEST? BUT I DOUBT IT...IM SURE I MENTIONED I
                LIKE TO BUY ANY ERROR COINS DATED 1974...WELL FOR THE RECORD IM 31!!......
                > SO WE HAVE 31,59,64
                >
                > ROB
                >
                > Robert Wilharm <robert.wilharm@...> wrote:
                > Rich
                > I am going to be 64 before the year ends and am looking forward to
                seeing
                > another 20 but time will tell I guess.
                > Happy Birthday early just in case I over stated my longevity.
                > Robert

                supplies Gold coin collecting Coin and currency supply Coin
                collecting book

                Service.

                > ---------------------------------
                >

                > ---------------------------------

              • Rob Risi
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 6, 2006
                  OK WE HAVE 17,29,31,59,64

                  <rjrisi@...> wrote:

                  > WELL LETS ALL RESPOND WITH OUR AGES IF YOU GUYS DON'T MIND...I KNOW
                  WOMEN DON'T LIKE TO REVEAL THEIR AGES, BUT LETS SEE ABOUT US ERROR
                  MEN.....I MAY BE THE YOUNGEST? BUT I DOUBT IT...IM SURE I MENTIONED I
                  LIKE TO BUY ANY ERROR COINS DATED 1974...WELL FOR THE RECORD IM 31!!......
                  >   SO WE HAVE 31,59,64
                  >
                  >   ROB
                  >
                  > Robert Wilharm <robert.wilharm@...> wrote:
                  >   Rich
                  > I am going to be 64 before the year ends and am looking forward to
                  seeing
                  > another 20 but time will tell I guess.
                  > Happy Birthday early just in case I over stated my longevity.
                  > Robert

                  Yahoo! Mail

                • fred_weinberg
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 6, 2006
                    Well, I started collecting and looking for errors when
                    I was 12 years old - in 1962.....

                    I'll be 56 in May.........

                    That's no secret, so there's no reason not to reply to this
                    thread........!

                    Fred

                    OK WE HAVE 17,29,31,59,64

                    > Travis Bolton <travisbolton543@...> wrote: I'm 29, my girlfriend
                    says I act like I'm 55+. HA. I guess for a coin
                    > collector I'm on the young side. Do errors attract a younger crowd
                    or
                    > something?
                    > ---Travis
                    >
                    > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Rob Risi
                    > <rjrisi@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > WELL LETS ALL RESPOND WITH OUR AGES IF YOU GUYS DON'T MIND...I
                    KNOW
                    > WOMEN DON'T LIKE TO REVEAL THEIR AGES, BUT LETS SEE ABOUT US ERROR
                    > MEN.....I MAY BE THE YOUNGEST? BUT I DOUBT IT...IM SURE I
                    MENTIONED I
                    > LIKE TO BUY ANY ERROR COINS DATED 1974...WELL FOR THE RECORD IM
                    31!!......
                    > > SO WE HAVE 31,59,64
                    > >
                    > > ROB
                    > >
                    > > Robert Wilharm <robert.wilharm@> wrote:
                    > > Rich
                    > > I am going to be 64 before the year ends and am looking forward
                    > seeing
                    > > another 20 but time will tell I guess.
                    > > Happy Birthday early just in case I over stated my longevity.
                    > > Robert

                  • Jason Renaud
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 6, 2006

                      I thought that 2000 sounded too low to me as well.  Cherrypickers puts the estimation closer to 8,000 - 16,000.

                      -Jason

                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 6, 2006
                        Fred,

                        Really! I'm a year older than you?????

                        I actually started collecting errors in 1960 when the small date was
                        found. You could trade a small date bag of Lincolns for a new car.
                        Unfortunately, we received mostly small dates Denvers in the
                        Maryland area.

                        The 1st piece of error currency I received in change (not from a
                        bank teller) was on July 11, 1969. We were switching to series 681
                        MPC when I received a beautiful $1.00 butterfly. When I opened it up
                        & made a comment, The "Pig" grabbed it from me, crumbled it up &
                        tossed it on the ground. To this day, I believe it was a replacement
                        note???

                        Allan
                        http://www.alscoins.com

                        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, fred_weinberg
                        <no_reply@...> wrote:

                        > Well, I started collecting and looking for errors when
                        > I was 12 years old - in 1962.....
                        >
                        > I'll be 56 in May.........
                        >
                        > That's no secret, so there's no reason not to reply to this
                        > thread........!
                        >

                        > Fred
                        >
                        > OK WE HAVE 17,29,31,59,64
                        > >
                        > > Travis Bolton <travisbolton543@> wrote: I'm 29, my girlfriend
                        > says I act like I'm 55+. HA. I guess for a coin
                        > > collector I'm on the young side. Do errors attract a younger
                        crowd
                        > or
                        > > something?
                        > > ---Travis
                        > >
                        > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Rob Risi
                        > > <rjrisi@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > WELL LETS ALL RESPOND WITH OUR AGES IF YOU GUYS DON'T MIND...I
                        > KNOW
                        > > WOMEN DON'T LIKE TO REVEAL THEIR AGES, BUT LETS SEE ABOUT US
                        ERROR
                        > > MEN.....I MAY BE THE YOUNGEST? BUT I DOUBT IT...IM SURE I
                        > MENTIONED I
                        > > LIKE TO BUY ANY ERROR COINS DATED 1974...WELL FOR THE RECORD IM
                        > 31!!......
                        > > > SO WE HAVE 31,59,64
                        > > >
                        > > > ROB
                        > > >
                        > > > Robert Wilharm <robert.wilharm@> wrote:
                        > > > Rich
                        > > > I am going to be 64 before the year ends and am looking
                        forward
                        > > seeing
                        > > > another 20 but time will tell I guess.
                        > > > Happy Birthday early just in case I over stated my longevity.
                        > > > Robert

                      • Rich Schemmer
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 6, 2006
                          That must have been the West Coast, Al

                          Here on the East Coast we use to be able to walk directly into the
                          Mint for our errors

                          JUST Kidding everyone LOL

                          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, alscoins
                          <no_reply@...> wrote:

                          > Rich,
                          >
                          > I guess you don't remember the days when the coin dealers sold
                          proof
                          > like dollars for $1.95? We would tell them that for the price they
                          > wanted, I could buy two from the local banks.
                          >
                          > I could buy error currency from the local banks for face value.
                          Sell
                          > these to dealers for a fast $1 or $2.
                          >
                          > There was also a time if you walked into a coin show & looked at a
                          > coin with a loop, you were thrown out. Errorist were hated.
                          >
                          > Allan
                          > http://www.alscoins.com
                          >
                          > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich
                          Schemmer"
                          > <RichErrors@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Not sure if it's for the long run, turn 59 this month (Ouch)
                          > >
                          > > Where have the years gone, started in this hobby in my 20's
                          > >
                          > > SO many errors so little time (LOL)
                          > >
                          > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Robert
                          > Wilharm"
                          > > <robert.wilharm@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Rich
                          > > > What's the deal here/ You sound like your here for the long
                          > run,
                          > > giving out
                          > > > quality information like that. LOL
                          > > > Good For You.
                          > > > Robert

                        • Rich Schemmer
                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 6, 2006
                            31 Rob, My Sons are 35 & 32, my daughter 21- & TOO young for you
                            Rob

                            Gee that's all I need, Rob as my Son in Law LOLOLOLOL

                            <rjrisi@...> wrote:

                            > WELL LETS ALL RESPOND WITH OUR AGES IF YOU GUYS DON'T MIND...I KNOW
                            WOMEN DON'T LIKE TO REVEAL THEIR AGES, BUT LETS SEE ABOUT US ERROR
                            MEN.....I MAY BE THE YOUNGEST? BUT I DOUBT IT...IM SURE I MENTIONED I
                            LIKE TO BUY ANY ERROR COINS DATED 1974...WELL FOR THE RECORD IM
                            31!!......
                            > SO WE HAVE 31,59,64
                            >
                            > ROB
                            >
                            > Robert Wilharm <robert.wilharm@...> wrote:
                            > Rich
                            > I am going to be 64 before the year ends and am looking forward to
                            seeing
                            > another 20 but time will tell I guess.
                            > Happy Birthday early just in case I over stated my longevity.
                            > Robert

                          • alscoins
                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 6, 2006
                              You know I am from the east coast. I migrated west in 1981. I had
                              enough cold winters. I needed to get some sun.......most of the year.

                              <RichErrors@...> wrote:

                              > That must have been the West Coast, Al
                              >
                              > Here on the East Coast we use to be able to walk directly into the
                              > Mint for our errors
                              >

                              > JUST Kidding everyone LOL
                              >
                              > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, alscoins
                              > <no_reply@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Rich,
                              > >
                              > > I guess you don't remember the days when the coin dealers sold
                              > proof
                              > > like dollars for $1.95? We would tell them that for the price
                              they
                              > > wanted, I could buy two from the local banks.
                              > >
                              > > I could buy error currency from the local banks for face value.
                              > Sell
                              > > these to dealers for a fast $1 or $2.
                              > >
                              > > There was also a time if you walked into a coin show & looked at
                              > > coin with a loop, you were thrown out. Errorist were hated.
                              > >
                              > > Allan
                              > > http://www.alscoins.com
                              > >
                              > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich
                              > Schemmer"
                              > > <RichErrors@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Not sure if it's for the long run, turn 59 this month (Ouch)
                              > > >
                              > > > Where have the years gone, started in this hobby in my 20's
                              > > >
                              > > > SO many errors so little time (LOL)
                              > > >
                              > > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Robert
                              > > Wilharm"

                              > > run,
                              > > > giving out

                            • Rob Risi
                              Message 14 of 16 , Mar 7, 2006
                                31 & 21...WELL THAT NOT "TOO" YOUNG???.......BOY WE WOULD HAVE A LOT IN COMMON.....WE BOTH LOVE ERRORS!!.....DOES YOUR SONS COLLECT ERRORS?  OR MAYBE YOUR DAUGHTER?.....IM GOING TO TRY TO GET ME NIECE INTO ERRORS......HAHAHA
                                ROB