Re: YAHOO GROUPS

  • pwrwgndrvr
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2 12:07 PM
      >I guess with Yahoo in so
      > much financial trouble, they're trying to squeeze out a buck
      wherever
      > they can. But you've got to remember that this IS a free service.
      > And there's no such thing as a free lunch. The price for lunch is
      > now a bit higher. :(

      Well Mike, they had ads before. So do they get to charge their
      advertisers a buck more if they cram them down our throats? If they
      make it unpallatible enough, total page views will drop off, then
      their rates will have to decline and they will lose that extra buck.
      I will make sure to do my part to reduce the total. Maybe even create
      a couple thousand extra yahoo id's to run their operating and file
      storage costs up....ie badboy555 - badboy2555.....click on the
      advertisers, go to their contact link and send them tons of email
      asking stupid questions about their product, then tell them u have no
      interest whatsoever in their stupid product, but u just wanted them
      to have the same pleasure of wasting their time/money dealing with
      unwanted spam the same as yahoo group users have to do...see how long
      til they start pulling their advertising from yahoo if the return
      does not justify the expense...it costs real money to employ a
      customer service rep to answer individual emails.... hahahha the
      possibilites are numerous :D