Re: 2002 Lincoln Cent

  • eswauger
    Message 1 of 1195 , Mar 2 11:09 AM
      This is the best explaination I have heard yet. The "D" is there.
      Is a rotated reverse also common for Philadelphia? I have an old
      Dominican Republic Centavo made by the Phiadelphia mint with a
      similar error. eswauger

      Message 1195 of 1195 , Nov 10, 2003
        It's not often that I address a post this old (8/24/2001). However,
        I did get to see once again the 1962 cent that I thought had four
        sets of raised, parallel profiles of Lincoln. My initial impression
        based on a brief examination at a coin show was wrong. It actually
        had four sets of INCUSE images. It was a shifted cap strike. The
        coin had been struck through a die cap that had experienced three
        previous shift-and-strike events.

        So now I'm back to two sets of expansion ripples as the maximum I've
        yet come across. I still don't have an explanation that I'm
        comfortable with, though.