Re: $1000+ broadstrike?

  • byersnc
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2005
      Lindy-here's their website and the $800,000 error collection that
      they bought will be on their site soon:

      http://www.davidlawrence.com

      Mike Byers
      http://mikebyers.com

      <adkinstone@a...> wrote:

      > It may be the way things are huh? I so resist the idea of
      slabbing
      > to sell coins I either bought to research raw or bought slabs and
      > cracked them open to research the errors further. I've got a
      couple
      > slabs where the weight was wrong so I do express disdain for the
      > little info usually found on the limited space the slab provides.
      > It's great to see gram weights listed thesedays as it is critical.
      > seeing the edge is critical too. Preservation and grade guarantee
      is
      > important but so is the vast info that isn't added due to limited
      > characters. By the way, I do have a the additional ohaus mass set
      > and I do recalibrate my scale against these weights which I bought
      > brand new from ohaus at the same time I bought the triple beam
      from
      > them. And yes, I never touch the mass set without gloves. I even
      > have my scale in a closeable side cabinet where it's only used and
      > never removed or even moved. The ANA Library had their's in a
      glass
      > enclosed cabinet. That inspired me to do something similar.
      >
      > If my 75 dime on foreign country wrong planchet doesn't sell I
      think
      > I'll just tuck it away once more. Maybe it went up in value with
      > Byers prices shared with us concerning the 3 of 4 sold between
      > $1,500 and $2000 recently. The one Byers kept was one I had seen
      > offered many times by him. Personally I liked this one the best of
      > the ones I remeber seeing due to it's strike and solid date
      showing
      > inspite of being on a smaller planchet.
      >
      > I want to hear more about the $800,000 error collection that sold
      > recently...
      >
      > Lindy
      >
      > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Mike
      Diamond"

      errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "mrlindy2000"
      > > <adkinstone@a...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > From time to time I drop out of the error scene. I studied ask
      > > > prices for all the errors listed at ebay about 3 years ago
      when
      > > > dropped back in. After a few days I thought I suddenly had a
      > spare
      > > > 100 grand in excess errors. After a few months I was quite sad
      > > > realize those fantastic ask prices listed by others at ebay
      were
      > > not
      > > > at all real. By "real" I mean money in the bank, not just feel
      > good
      > > > numbers. I found the inflated pricing I memorized was simply
      > just
      > > > window displays with no sales occuring.
      > > >
      > > > My best offer lately on my "$3,000~book~value" 10c on a
      foreign
      > > > blank is $850. What's that .30c on a dollar? I guess I'd sell
      it
      > > for
      > > > a grand now since I can't seem to squeeze even $1,100 out of
      it.
      > > > What's that then .33c on a dollar. So these days, what is a
      10c
      > on
      > > > foreign blank worth? $3,000, $1,000 $850, $500, $75? When
      others
      > > > study the many ask prices for errors found at ebay you can't
      > really
      > > > fault them for shooting for the stars when they want to sell
      > their
      > > > goodies too.
      > > >
      > > > Lindy

    • Rob Risi
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 12, 2005
        MIKE B, IS THIS COLLECTION GOING TO BE PICTURED IN DAVID LAWRENCES' WEBSITE?  I DON'T BELEIVE ITS LISTED YET UNLESS I MISSED IT.
        ROB

        <adkinstone@a...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > > numbers. I found the inflated pricing I memorized was simply
        > just
        > > > window displays with no sales occuring.
        > > >
        > > > My best offer lately on my "$3,000~book~value" 10c on a
        foreign
        > > > blank is $850. What's that .30c on a dollar? I guess I'd sell
        it
        > > for
        > > > a grand now since I can't seem to squeeze even $1,100 out of
        it.
        > > > What's that then .33c on a dollar. So these days, what is a
        10c
        > on
        > > > foreign blank worth? $3,000, $1,000 $850, $500, $75? When
        others
        > > > study the many ask prices for errors found at ebay you can't
        > really
        > > > fault them for shooting for the stars when they want to sell

        Yahoo! Shopping

      • byersnc
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 12, 2005
          The $800,000. mint error collection that David Lawrence purchased is
          scheduled to be on their website (with scans) at the end of
          December, and also available for viewing at the FUN show in Orlando
          in Jan 06.

          Mike Byers
          http://mikebyers.com

          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Rob Risi
          <rjrisi@y...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > Superior
          > > > auction. It's a different audience and you may get a better
          > price.
          > > >
          > > > --- In
          > errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "mrlindy2000"

          > when
          > > spare
          > were
          > > > not
          > > good
          > > just

          > foreign
          > it
          > > > for
          > it.
          > 10c
          > > on
          > others
          > > really
          > > their

          > Coin collecting software Coin collecting Coin
          collecting supplies Gold coin collecting Coin and currency
          supply Coin collecting book

          Service.

          > ---------------------------------
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > Yahoo! Shopping

        • Rich Schemmer
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 12, 2005
            At least 1/2 of this collection once graced my website only 12 months
            ago.. When it is eventiually shown, we expect to see many O'l friends

            Thanx
            Rich Schemmer
            Rich Schemmer Error Coins
            http://WWW.RichErrors.com/store.php--- In