Re: Superior example of "ejection impact doubling"

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2005
      Figure 6 from your article, the picture with 2 extra partial irises,
      they are from the same iris but on opposite sides of one another,
      okay, that is pretty cool.

      I wonder what ejection impact doubling might look like on a silver
      eagle? Perhaps this planchet error is one: http://tinyurl.com/9v7br

      <mdia1@a...> wrote:

      > Actually, to see a pdf version of my article, go to the CONECA
      > website (www.conecaonline.org) and scroll down the homepage to
      where
      > it says "Errorscope Back on Track". Click on the link that says
      > Jan/Feb issue.
      >
      > The article will explain Ejection Impact Doubling and how it is
      > unrelated to strike doubling (machine doubling).
      >
      > I consider strike doubling a mint error while Alan Herbert
      considers
      > it damage. Minor strike doubling is common and worth very
      little.
      > Major strike doubling is quite uncommon and commands a substantial
      > premium. The Sac dollar you bought had strike doubling that was
      > actually "strike tripling", creating two extra sets of design
      > elements. Strike doubling that leaves clear and nicely separated
      > secondary design elements is rare and a perfectly good mint error,
      in
      > my opinion.
      >
      > There's another error category called "stutter strikes" that is
      > different from strike doubling. Here the "secondary" design may
      > precede the primary design -- the exact opposite of conventional
      > strike doubling. There's a picture in either the "oddball errors"
      > or "miscellaneous errors" album. I'll have to check.
      >
      > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Mike
      Diamond"