Re: Goofy slab label

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Rob Risi
      <rjrisi@y...> wrote:

      > I GUESS ITS AN ANACS "THING"

      It's best to apply a skeptical attitude to all slabbed errors,
      regardless of company. Many times a mistake is readily apparent, as
      with the off-center quarter recently under discussion. Other times,
      it requires closer scrutiny and a little thought. And sometimes, the
      necessary diagnostics are completely obscured by the slab.

      Robert, you frequently e-mail me to verify the diagnosis printed on a
      slab label. You are aware how frequently the description is wrong,
      incomplete, inadequate, or nonspecific. I think I've saved you a bit
      of money along the way.

      When it doubt, it pays to e-mail one or more disinterested experts to
      get a second, third, or fourth opinion. Of course, there's a small
      risk that this will alert the individual to the presence of a
      bargain. But it's often a risk worth taking. I always provide as
      complete a diagnosis as possible, even it I reduce my own chances of
      winning a coin I've already spotted.