Re: Coin World '' Collector's Clearinghouse"

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2005
      I now have the article. Eric Von Klinger transposed the
      word "obvious" in points 1 to 3, slightly changing the meaning of
      points 2 and 3.

      1. "No source is obvious for these alleged particles."

      I believe I wrote "There is no obvious source for these alleged
      particles."

      2. "No reason they should initially accumulate in the center of the
      die face is obvious."

      I believe I wrote, "No obvious reason why they should initially
      accumulate in the center of the die face".

      3. "No reason they should migrate outward in such a precise radial
      fashion is obvious".

      I believe I wrote, "No obvious reason why they should migrate outward
      in such a precise radial fashion."

      Sticking the word "obvious" at the end of the sentence implies a
      level of certainty (and a hint of arrogance) that I did not intend.

      The clause "There is no obvious reason why..." means the same thing
      as "There is no clear reason why..."

      Sticking "obvious" at the end of the sentence, however, indicates
      that the foregoing statement or observation is inarguable.