9466Re: Unusual upset on a nickel planchet

  • mdia1@aol.com
    Sep 7, 2005
      Unlikely.  A blank working die has a cone-shaped face, not a flat face.  Moreover, the blank working die would be wider than a finished die and wouldn't be able to generate a "design rim" of any kind.

      In a message dated 9/7/05 3:13:59 P.M. Central Daylight Time, Grimaldon@... writes:
      Looking at the pic it looked to me like the blank had be struck by
      blank "dies".  Could a working die that was never impressed from a hub
      make it into the press?  I guess it would have to be a blank pair of
      dies though.  Maybe the to-be-hubbed dies got mixed in and you're not
      looking at a planchet at all but a blank "coin"?

      KevinS

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic