9465Re: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: Unusual upset on a nickel planchet

  • Kevin L. Stewart
    Sep 7, 2005
      Looking at the pic it looked to me like the blank had be struck by
      blank "dies". Could a working die that was never impressed from a hub
      make it into the press? I guess it would have to be a blank pair of
      dies though. Maybe the to-be-hubbed dies got mixed in and you're not
      looking at a planchet at all but a blank "coin"?

      KevinS