9423Re: Unusual upset on a nickel planchet

    Sep 1, 2005
      Although the coin weighs 4.88 grams, the planchet appears to be quite
      a bit smaller than a normal nickel planchet. This might be more an
      illusion than anything else since its diameter is a respectable 20.70
      millimeters. However, this value is probably greater than the
      original diameter due to the effect of the off-center strike. I need
      to measure some more normal nickel planchets to establish the range
      of variation.

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic