6844Re: the off-center, uniface, clipped 5c on 25c stock ...

    Dec 6, 2004
      I'm not optimistic on that score. If the strip had advanced only a
      few feet before the error was detected, then very few might have
      escaped. There are a number of very rare dates for wrong stock
      errors which indicate that the snafu is often detected early on.

      Dime stock quarters from 1979 and 1991 (or is it 1992?) are very
      rare, for example.

      <adkinstone@a...> wrote:

      > Optimistically I hope the 87P 5c on 25c stock are more plentiful
      than
      > just 5 examples. It's correct diameter and just 15% light by
      weight. I
      > could imagine the majority of these 5c/25c wspe's made it into
      > circulation. Its a very interesting error, easily the "king" of
      wrong
      > stock planchet errors.
      >
      > Lindy
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic