6842Re: the off-center, uniface, clipped 5c on 25c stock ...

  • byersnc
    Dec 6, 2004
      Lindy- another king is the dime on cent stock. I discovered 6 of
      these in 1999. I sold 2 to Fred, 1 to Rich, 2 to customers and kept
      one for my personal private collection.

      http://byersnc.com/inventory/857145e.jpg

      Mike Byers
      http://mikebyers.com

      <adkinstone@a...> wrote:

      > Optimistically I hope the 87P 5c on 25c stock are more plentiful
      than
      > just 5 examples. It's correct diameter and just 15% light by
      weight. I
      > could imagine the majority of these 5c/25c wspe's made it into
      > circulation. Its a very interesting error, easily the "king" of
      wrong
      > stock planchet errors.
      >
      > Lindy
      >
      > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > http://byersnc.com/inventory/5con25cstockm.jpg
      > >
      > > http://byersnc.com/inventory/5con25cstockx.jpg
      > >
      > > Above are the scans and ANACS certificate. I bought it last
      year
      > > and immediately sold it.
      > >

      > > Mike Byers
      > > http://mikebyers.com

      > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Mike
      Diamond"
      > > <mdia1@a...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I've only heard of 5 examples, including yours. One was
      undated
      > > and
      > > > off-center with a straight clip (probably from the leading
      edge of
      > > > the strip). There are the two 1987 nickels. There's the 1971-
      > > > nickel we spoke of earlier, which looks to be something much
      > > > wierder. And there is another one from the early 1970's.
      Fred

      errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "bull102797@Y..."

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic