5993Re: Interesting double struck wheatie

    Aug 4, 2004
      Are you "ponytailsteve", then? If so, then I must emphasize that my
      positive opinion is only tentative. It IS possible to fake a collar
      scar, but this is rarely if ever done, as it would take an extremely
      knowledgeable counterfeiter. I would examine the reverse for any
      signs of a fake die, e.g., toolmarks, bumps, and other irregularities.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, TheOcean1@a...
      wrote:
      > Very glad to see you post that and give it a clean bill of health.
      >
      > Saw that one and thought it looked "funny". Still not sure how the
      obv.
      > could remain as it has through the second strike. But it looked so
      good, also
      > couldn't imagine that 2nd image was a fake die. Thanks for clearing
      it's
      > authenticity.
      >
      > Ocean, after whom they often name large bodies of water
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic